Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/13/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/13/18

Hi Everyone. We are almost halfway through September. The weather is cooling and before long we will have a freeze and the leaves will turn beautiful fall colors. It is time to start thinking of shedding some pounds in preparation for the Holidays. Ten pounds would be an appropriate goal. Think of how great you will look ten pounds lighter than you do right now. Think of how terrific you will look in Holiday fashions. Now is the time to start.

I have good news. I lost 4 pounds so weigh 121.5. I am thrilled to pieces. I hope I can stay on track and get back to 115. I will try to lose a whole pound this coming week. I know it won’t be easy and I will have to stay motivated. Christmas here I come.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are on a losing streak.

Mamabug, good for continuing the losing streak. That is terrific that you remain in the 120's. I hope you remain on your program. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, what a nice loss. Stay on the right track and you will soon have lost ten pounds. Keep up the momentum.

Msgijo, congratulations on losing. It may not be a lot but it counts. Thank you for your suggestions. I will take them to heart as I forge ahead. Keep the faith.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Written by Kris Gunnars, BSc

Try Intermittent Fasting

Intermittent fasting is a popular eating pattern in which people cycle between periods of fasting and eating.

Short-term studies suggest intermittent fasting is as effective for weight loss as continuous calorie restriction.

Additionally, it may reduce the loss of muscle mass typically associated with low-calorie diets. However, higher-quality studies are needed before any stronger claims can be made.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

6.9 pounds by four members. What a great week! Everyone reporting showed a loss. It is proof that it can be done. May we all continue on the same path,

Total Gain:

No gains were reported this week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4141.9 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.6 lbs

Recent weights:
    09/06/18: 129.0 lbs
    09/13/18: 128.4 lbs

07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

I've lost 7.8 lbs in 9 weeks. I'd like to lose 6-8 more lbs.

Hubby is losing weight too -- more than I am. He's following the same program (no wheat, no dairy, no added sugar) as I am, but not as closely. He's back down (or maybe a little bit less) to what he weighed when we got married, almost 34 years ago. But he complains that he's still not the same shape as he was then. I guess men go through that, somewhat, as they age, too.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

lost 1 pound

9/6 120.0
      9/13 119.0

I was surprised to have lost a pound this week - I have not been eating too badly, but I have been eating more things than I should be. The cookies are long gone, but I have been nibbling on brownies and candy. I will have to do better this week.

Mamabug - Great loss ! You are certainly whittling the weight down . Have you seen any other benefits from the new diet (more energy, or even less pain)? Looking forward to seeing you report that you have reached your goal!

ShrinkKaren - Great loss ! am sure that you will be able to reach your goal weight again soon .

Wishing everybody a safe and loosing week .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Mamabug - Great loss ! You are certainly whittling the weight down . Have you seen any other benefits from the new diet (more energy, or even less pain)? Looking forward to seeing you report that you have reached your goal!
        Thanks. It has felt easy. When I'm at home, I don't feel like I'm deprived or sacrificing at all. We've found a couple of restaurants that are real good at catering to special dietary restrictions, so we eat out once in awhile.

Regarding other results, I had my annual lab work done in August by my PCP and it was better than it had been in decades. Especially my cholesterol, which always runs very high.

No additional energy yet; I hope that will come. And I don't experience pain, so that's not an issue.

What I'm really hoping for, long term, is improved mobility. But I expect that will take time. Have you been following my thread in the wellness forum about my journey with functional medicine? I try to update it about once a week.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm up .9 lbs from 219.4 to 220.3. I'm actually surprised that it's not more than that since I have been falling back into the junk food routine. I'm trying to pull myself back from that though!

Hubby has been frustrated with his weight too, and he was talking with someone who suggested we switch our lunches with our dinners. For lunch at work, I always make a large salad with some type of protein and then regular dinners. So now, for the last week, we have been having our main entrée for lunches and a large salad for dinner. So far I have been pretty happy with this for two reasons:

1) I don't have to figure out what we're having for dinner anymore. It's a salad. It's always going to be a salad--but I have options as to what KIND of salad. But that's not stressful!!
          2) I can cook the lunches on the weekends and portion them into containers and freeze them to use as necessary.

On Sunday I cooked 2 lbs of ground meat and seasoned it with taco seasoning. I then threw some of that with rice and corn and beans and stuffed all that into red and orange peppers (I had an overabundance from the farm!) and kept the rest of the taco meat for the girls dinners and our salads. This week of meals has been so much easier!

Over the long run, I think this will help us eat healthier because at the end of the day when I'm exhausted, I have been turning to prepackaged and processed foods that are quick and easy. I can throw a can of chicken on top of lettuce for dinner now. (it's never that boring though)!

Packing lunches has become easier too since all the lunches are prepackaged. We'll see how this works!

Comment

I'm still at 118, which at least isn't 119 or 120, and I'm glad I haven't put those pounds back on.

The stress of the last several months of paperwork is finally winding down. I hope to do better at the weight loss now that some of the pressure is lifting.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
            X