Unable to tolerate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to tolerate?

Is there anyone out there who has been unable to tolerate the side effects of this DMT? I’ve tried to research but haven’t been able to find anyone who has stopped Ocrevus because they couldn’t tolerate it.
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Hi smalltowngirl,

I think you’re ahead of me in treatment with this DMT, I’ve not had any issues in the first two halves I’ve had and I am not sure when tolerance would become an issue...maybe reactions during the infusions?

Hopefully others can chime in here.

Comment

Thanks for the response, MisterMan. I get sick after each infusion, but that’s tolerable. However, I have gotten skin infections, which is a completely new thing. I’ve never dealt with anything like that before, and now I’m having my second ordeal. It just doesn’t seem like a coincidence.

This one is on my face! Ugh.
      DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
      - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Wow, sorry you’re experiencing this. Hope it’s not too serious!

Let us know what comes of it.

Comment

Am about to stop Ocrevus.

Hello,
          I’ve been Ocrevus for a year and didn’t take my 4 th dose last November. I’ve been off it for last 4 months and feel much better. I’m relapsing secondary progressive.

I can can honestly say it’s the first time I haven’t been on a dmd since 1998. I no longer feel sick or feel like I have the flu. I took rebif from 98 to 2004, tysabri after my first daughter was born and started Ocrevus within a few weeks of it being available in Canada in sept 2017.

I knew how hard hard this was on me when I started getting grey hair and my skin and hair became extremely dry. I’ve stayed away from Ocrevus and I no longer have dry skin and the greying miraculously stopped within 3 months. My husband noticed I just look healthier too.

hope this helps,
          paulette

Comment

Working...
          X