GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    3 made a partial goal
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    --

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals

Here were my goals for last week:
    1. Average of 1600 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1383 steps
    Fri - 1497 steps
    Sat - 2697 steps, recumbent bike at Wellness Center
    Sun - 1329 steps
    Mon - 1548 steps, PT exercises
    Tues - 1433 steps,
    Wed - 1183 steps, chair yoga on Youtube

Total = 11,070 = 1,581 average

Did not make goals. Only 3 out of 4 exercise days. Not quite enough steps.

I'm OK with that. I'm giving myself grace while I continue to work on additional goals for Dr. G. Although he has included exercise in the forms that I am supposed to document, he really hasn't talked about them much in my appointments as he is currently emphasizing other lifestyle changes. When he begins to emphasize exercise, I'll try to put more effort into meeting these goals, rather than other goals. I have a limited number of spoons and I have to choose where, and how, to use them.

Next week: Same goals
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Thu - 5563
      Fri - 6668 (some painting and watered houseplants)
      Sat - 10054 (Helped with VBS @ church)
      Sun - 9008 (helped with VBS)
      Mon - 9092 (Chicken feed to bins, laundry)
      Tue - 6865 (finished laundry)
      Wed - 5778

Made over 5K steps on all 7 days and averaged 7575 steps/day .

I have a feeling that I shouldn't, but I am changing my goals. Goals for next week will be 6000 steps on at least 4 days OR average 5500 steps a day for the week. (drats - am already tired from typing that ).

Wishing everybody a great week .

Comment

Good work Mamabug and msgijo!

What a week I've had. At first I didn't think I'd reach my goal, but looking over my notes to myself, I pretty sure I did...

I put together a farewell dinner for my son's leaving to go back home. Harvested veggies for the meal, cooked for 10, cleaned a bit beforehand and then played with the grandkids while everyone cleaned up afterwards

My dh and ds and 2 other workers laid down a new sidewalk and a slab for our cars this past week! I had beautiful large pavers for a sidewalk, but it was getting too hard to navigate them with my walker, so now I'm really pleased! But, I walked a lot sweeping dirt and stuff off the wrap-around porch and car port as the workers tracked all over - even inside! Brought out numerous bottles of water and coffee for them. I knew I had walked a lot as my legs were so stiff and sore each evening.

Grocery shopping and babysitting too this past week.

Next week, I start mopping my very dirty floors - oh joy
        Will shoot for 4 days.

Hope everyone does well to keep motivated!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Had a good week and made goals.

Was able to do 5 walks @ 30 min each. Two of the walks were really smooth (didn't have to contort and throw my whole body into each step). The other three took a little more effort.

Also, up and active 4X a day, every day, @ 30 min each ~ and stretches.

I'm going to stay with these goals. Might earn some bonus points next week, as I'm going to do some light housework that is not done on a regular basis.

Wishing everyone good energy and the strength to do what you need to do, as well as what you want to do!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X