Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/30/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/30/18

Hi Everyone. It is Tuesday night and I am in a great hurry. I fly to Illinois in the morning and must get a good night’s sleep. I will not have a computer available on late Wednesday or Thursday so this is the best I can do. I did not weigh today but will when I get back from Illinois. It is planned for the 3rd. I do not believe I have done very well this week. I hope you are all doing better than I.

I did not weigh today and will try to do so in the a.m. but may not have time.

Agate, its good to see you back. That’s good that you stayed the same with a tendency to go down a pound. Good luck this coming week.

Mamabug, congratulations on getting into the 120's. You have been doing wonderfully. There is no stopping you now to get to your goal weight. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, congratulations on your small loss. Every little bit counts. It’s good to hear your doctor’s appointment went well. Good for you for your walking efforts. Keep on truckin..

Msgijo, great loss. Keep doing what you are doing. I hope your thyroid stays steady. I hope your headache is gone. Be well.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Zawila offers a few tips on what how to improve your relationship with fats:

Purchase lean meats, low-fat dairy products and white cheeses. Specifically, pork tenderloin is a good but often overlooked option, as it is leaner than even chicken breast.
    Substitute fish high in omega-3 fatty acids in meals at least twice a week.
    Generally avoid processed foods, which usually contain more of the “bad” fats.
    Use oils instead of solid fats when cooking, such as using olive oil instead of butter.
    Don’t feel pressure to eliminate fat entirely, as the human body needs it to function and can help add a sense of fullness to a meal. In a healthy diet, about 30 percent of total daily calories should come from fat – only a third of that should come from saturated fatty acids.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.2 pounds by three members. Congratulations on your successes. It is heartening to see several members in the Loss column. Keep up the good work.

Total Gain:

4 pounds by one member. This is an astonishing gain. I am ashamed of myself and hope to do better next week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member stayed the same. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4133.6 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 lbs

Recent weights:
    08/30/18: 129.4 lbs
    08/23/18: 129.8 lbs
    08/16/18: 130.6 lbs

06/21/18: 136.4 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Stayed the same

8/23 - 120.4
      8/30 - 120.4

Still feeling good on MY dosage of thyroid medicine. Had bloodwork yesterday so we will see what the newest results say .

Mamabug - Good loss ! And you are still losing weight - YAY .

ShrinkKaren - Wishing you a safe trip.

Comment

I definitely did lose a pound. I've been weighing 118 for a week now and am very very happy about that.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
          I definitely did lose a pound. I've been weighing 118 for a week now and am very very happy about that.
          YES! YAY YOU!!!

Great loss. Keep up the momentum - and BTW have a good labor day .

Comment

Working...
          X