Bruising under eyes after optic neuritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had optic neuritis in July and still have vision issues. My concern and question is I am experiencing bruising under my eyes that won't go away and has a tiny bit of pain. I look like I have a black eye. I know need to go to a doctor. Just looking here to see if anyone has ever heard of that or experienced it. I haven't had any trauma to the area. I am also still have pain with eye movement a few times a day or at times just pain shooting in the back of my eye.

Originally posted by Rosie316 View Post
    I had optic neuritis in July and still have vision issues. My concern and question is I am experiencing bruising under my eyes that won't go away and has a tiny bit of pain. I look like I have a black eye. I know need to go to a doctor. Just looking here to see if anyone has ever heard of that or experienced it. I haven't had any trauma to the area. I am also still have pain with eye movement a few times a day or at times just pain shooting in the back of my eye.
    Hi Rosie, Sorry you're going through this. I had my worst ON ever in January and can relate to the neuritis pain with eye movement and to the eye pain, but did not have bruising. In my personal experience it is normal for ON to take several months to heal, but people are different. Regarding the pain, that also lasted a few months and slowly got pretty much better, but sometimes the eye is still a bit sore with movement if I've been hot or stressed or am tired. I take a little CBD oil which helps - if you want more details on that I'm happy to share them. Wishing you the best in healing and glad you're planning to see the doctor.

G
    All the best, ~G

Comment

Gargantua,
      Thank you for your response. Time has pasted and the bruising is still there. I am not familiar CBD oil. I would be interest in more information. Does it help with back pain also? I have a lot of body pain. I have pain in my left leg and hip. I have had it since 2012 and I have no clue why. I am finally granted the ability by my doctor to get an MRI which I am getting Wednesday. I hope to get an answer. I had an X-ray which came back fine.

Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie316 View Post
        Gargantua,
        Thank you for your response. Time has pasted and the bruising is still there. I am not familiar CBD oil. I would be interest in more information. Does it help with back pain also? I have a lot of body pain. I have pain in my left leg and hip. I have had it since 2012 and I have no clue why. I am finally granted the ability by my doctor to get an MRI which I am getting Wednesday. I hope to get an answer. I had an X-ray which came back fine.

Rosie
        hi Rosie, I have had CBD work for severe menstrual cramps, neuritis pain, and I use a 10 mg oil capsule that is a 10:1 CBD:THC ratio. I don’t feel comfortable recommending a dosage for anyone else but I can tell you I take max 10mg in 24 hours and I am 5’9 150LB. When I wake up in the morning I feel rested. I don’t have severe pain on a regular basis and personally, I think it might be possible to become dependent on it for sleep.so I don’t take it every night - only on occasions (healing from relapse or having issues with symptoms) when I feel it would help me to sleep because of pain.

I hope this helps!

G
        All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
          hi Rosie, I have had CBD work for severe menstrual cramps, neuritis pain, and I use a 10 mg oil capsule that is a 10:1 CBD:THC ratio. I don’t feel comfortable recommending a dosage for anyone else but I can tell you I take max 10mg in 24 hours and I am 5’9 150LB. When I wake up in the morning I feel rested. I don’t have severe pain on a regular basis and personally, I think it might be possible to become dependent on it for sleep.so I don’t take it every night - only on occasions (healing from relapse or having issues with symptoms) when I feel it would help me to sleep because of pain.

I hope this helps!

G

I didn't really sleep last night and been a zombie all day. I didn't make it to my appointment. I lay there and feel so uncomfortable and that leads to anxiety. I've been have sleepless nights since 2016.
          Thank you for the info maybe that would allow for sleep.

Comment

Working...
          X