Rifton TRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifton TRAM

I recently went to PT and worked with a Therapist and a DME Rep to evaluate what Lifts are available to assist me with my transfers due to my disability/weakness progression.

I now have the "Rifton TRAM" - sit-to-sit lift, a good lift for me and my weakness. My struggles to stand, pivot and flop are now greatly reduced.
    I was unaware of it until the rep advised me to review as a good solution for me. I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

Other lifts I tried:
    - "Hoyer Ascend" - sit-to-stand lift, struggled since not quite enough strength in my legs.
    - "Hoyer Advance" - full sling lift, personally not ready for this type yet.

Searched and did not find any posts about the Rifton TRAM so maybe I'm the first? LOL

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
    I recently went to PT and worked with a Therapist and a DME Rep to evaluate what Lifts are available to assist me with my transfers due to my disability/weakness progression.

I now have the "Rifton TRAM" - sit-to-sit lift, a good lift for me and my weakness. My struggles to stand, pivot and flop are now greatly reduced.
    I was unaware of it until the rep advised me to review as a good solution for me. I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

Other lifts I tried:
    - "Hoyer Ascend" - sit-to-stand lift, struggled since not quite enough strength in my legs.
    - "Hoyer Advance" - full sling lift, personally not ready for this type yet.

Searched and did not find any posts about the Rifton TRAM so maybe I'm the first? LOL
    Thanks pb909

I watched the video and this looks like a really sturdy and amazing lift.

http://www.rifton.com/resources/vide...oduction-video

Is this the one that you have? Can it be operated by the user, or by an assistant only?

Thanks!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Thanks pb909

I watched the video and this looks like a really sturdy and amazing lift.

http://www.rifton.com/resources/vide...oduction-video

Is this the one that you have? Can it be operated by the user, or by an assistant only?

Thanks!

Take Care
      Yes this is the lift I have. It can raise a stronger user to standing or assist with gait training.

Mine can only be operated by the caregiver/assistant only. They do offer an accessory that will allow the user to operate called a "Switch pole".

Their website is really good including a lot of other videos and documents/PDFs.

I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
        Yes this is the lift I have. It can raise a stronger user to standing or assist with gait training.

Mine can only be operated by the caregiver/assistant only. They do offer an accessory that will allow the user to operate called a "Switch pole".

Their website is really good including a lot of other videos and documents/PDFs.

I'm very happy with it.
        pb909

Thanks for bringing the Rifton TRAM lift to our attention.

So glad to know that it's working well for you!

Wishing you all the best.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X