Plane Flight Right After Infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane Flight Right After Infusion

I have to schedule an infusion right before a trip, and am wondering if it seems dangerous to fly less than 24 hours after an infusion. It’s only a 2 hour plane flight. The first infusion went fine, but this is only my second.

All the best,

G
    All the best, ~G

I used to have to fly from AZ to CO to get my monthly infusion and then I returned almost immediately following the infusion! I was fine This was probably around my 8th-10th infusion.
    Linda

Comment

Originally posted by lindaincolorado View Post
      I used to have to fly from AZ to CO to get my monthly infusion and then I returned almost immediately following the infusion! I was fine This was probably around my 8th-10th infusion.
      Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for responding.
      All the best, ~G

Comment

How'd it Go?

Hey Gargantua! How'd the flight go (if you went yet)? I'm traveling overseas on a big trip in May of next year and am toying with being "that person" with the mask on at the airport. Hmmm...
        "It matters not how strait the gate,
        How charged with punishments the scroll,
        I am the master of my fate,
        I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
          Hey Gargantua! How'd the flight go (if you went yet)? I'm traveling overseas on a big trip in May of next year and am toying with being "that person" with the mask on at the airport. Hmmm...
          Hi DPL going in early September. I will let you know how it went for sure. I called Infusion Express and asked their nurse and she said no problem. I will make sure to hydrate and do you always wear a mask on the plane?
          All the best, ~G

Comment

Nope

I don’t normally wear a mask on the plane. I know it’s bad, but when I see people with a mask I always wonder if they’re trying to protect themselves or us? :-( I guess at the end of the day it shouldnt matter what people think if we’re doing what’s best for our own health...
            "It matters not how strait the gate,
            How charged with punishments the scroll,
            I am the master of my fate,
            I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
              I don’t normally wear a mask on the plane. I know it’s bad, but when I see people with a mask I always wonder if they’re trying to protect themselves or us? :-( I guess at the end of the day it shouldnt matter what people think if we’re doing what’s best for our own health...
              I hadn't thought of it a mask at all. In my layman's visualization of what Tysabri does, the part of our "system" that is in front of the blood brain barrier is unchanged and has the typical overactive immune system just scrubbing everything clean. Washing my hands, being thoughtful about the source of random consumeables, and maybe even carrying some wipes and taking extra vitamin c... I think those things, and really good rest and hydration should be enough, barring being in already poor general health, as opposed to kind of messed up specific health.
              All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
              X