myclonus twitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

myclonus twitching

Is myclonus twitching a sensory or motor issue? I've been having tingling and twitching....both are getting annoying. I know the tingling would be considered a sensory issue. Hopefully I'm making sense

Hi black hole dweller,

I agree as you said that the tingling would be sensory but I don't think the twitching would be. I am not sure it would be categorised as a motor symptom either ??? I suppose it may be categorised differently depending whether the cause was deemed to be as a result of seizure activity or not.

Mine comes and goes. Sometimes it drives me crazy but then it just settles; to rear it's ugly head later.

Hope yours takes a siesta !

Best Wishes
    Angela

Comment

Originally posted by VikingKitty View Post
      Is myclonus twitching a sensory or motor issue? I've been having tingling and twitching....both are getting annoying. I know the tingling would be considered a sensory issue. Hopefully I'm making sense
      VikingKitty

I found this short description of muscle twitching:

Muscle twitching is caused by minor muscle contractions in the area, or uncontrollable twitching of a muscle group that is served by a single motor nerve fiber.

Muscle twitches are minor and often go unnoticed. Some are common and normal. Others are signs of a nervous system disorder.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003296.htm

Looks like they stem from motor nerve fibers.

I get them sporadically, in various muscles (arms, hands, legs, feet), and some are annoying.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        I get them sporadically, in various muscles (arms, hands, legs, feet), and some are annoying.
        Me too. It is most definitely annoying. And sometimes they aren't aggressive enough to actually make my arm, leg, hand, or foot physically move, but they ALMOST do. Does that make sense? There's no way for me to ignore it, but unless someone was looking closely, they wouldn't notice it. And then other times, that part of my body just jerks or twitches noticeably. I can 100% without-a-doubt-for-sure-no-joke-legit say: If I'm overly tired, the twitching, jerking and tremors are worse for me.
        DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
        - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
          I can 100% without-a-doubt-for-sure-no-joke-legit say: If I'm overly tired, the twitching, jerking and tremors are worse for me.
          smalltowngirl ~ and may I add:

if I'm too warm, if I'm too cold, if I have an infection, if I overdo physically, if I have acute anxiety

MS might be a lot of things, but it's surely not a boring disease - always such odd things to talk about!

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            smalltowngirl ~ and may I add:

if I'm too warm, if I'm too cold, if I have an infection, if I overdo physically, if I have acute anxiety

MS might be a lot of things, but it's surely not a boring disease - always such odd things to talk about!

Take Care

Same here as to if I get to hot or cold or if I get stressed out or overdoing it. I seem to have it worst in the afternoon and evening but some days I'll wake up from the spasms when I'm asleep. And when I get my spasms it usually affects my left side. I don't know why it is that way I just wish I could be able to not have this desease at all. But I have valume and backlofin I can take as well as I take pain pills and I smoke pot too. But it is really hard because I can't use my left hand for much of the time and my fingers and my grip are messed up.

Comment

Working...
            X