Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/16/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/16/18

Hi Everyone. I am continuing to adapt to my new environment. Son, his wife and boys are very good to me but I continue to miss my own home. My diet is way off despite my daughter in laws excellent meals. Changes in environment truly can upset dietary restrictions. It is almost like going to a restaurant every day and night rather than eating ones own cooking. I must concentrate on quantity in order to gain control of calories, especially at dinner.

My weight is way up from last week. Part of the problem involves increase in fluid but most is due to piggery. No one is to blame but myself for gaining 3.5 pounds. That puts me 2.5 pounds over my goal weight. I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are doing well.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but just be thankful it was less than a pound. Good luck with your weight loss strategy. You can do it.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again and hope that life is treating you well and that you are succeeding in your weight loss efforts.

Msgijo, that is a very small gain which you can reverse easily. Glad to hear your medication is going well. I hope your eating has returned to normal and that you are once again in the loss column,

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Written by Kris Gunnars, BSc on June 4, 2017

Eat Eggs For Breakfast

Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.

Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat.

If you can't eat eggs for some reason, then that's fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds by three members. This is definitely not one of our better weeks. May we all rebound next week.

Total Gain:

3.7 pounds by 3members. This is not one of our stellar weeks. However, people are to be commended for telling the truth. May we all be in the Loss column this coming week.

Stayed The Same:

0members stayed the same. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I'm up 1 lb from 220.7 to 221.7 from back in July. I'll be truly honest that I haven't made a huge effort to watch what I'm eating or to really lose weight, so I'm pretty happy that over the last month or so, I've maintained a fairly stable weight.

I worked two horse shows both weekends since the beginning of August and then my hubby just had hernia repair surgery on Monday. Thankfully he's doing well and although he can't lift anything more than 10 lbs for the next 5-6 weeks. I'm exhausted though and finding that it's harder now to take care of him and realizing how much he does to take care of me!!

But we're managing okay so far. His mom offered to cook us a pot of spaghetti and so she's bringing it by tonight, so that will help a little. We had the opportunity to have a weekend away this weekend, but I need some time at HOME, so we declined!

My dr wants to meet with me regarding my anti-depressant and I'll admit, the thought of meeting with her is giving me some anxiety. I know I need to go in and hear what she has to say and find out why she is so gung-ho about getting me off of this, when it is clearly working well for me. The thought of going off it right before fall/winter when I know I'm affected by the changing seasons, as well as the girls starting back to school and having hubby gone late with coaching season....I just don't feel that it's the right time to try to go off it. But again, I know I need to go and communicate all this to her. And if she's not willing to listen to my concerns, then I guess I'll seriously start the process of finding a new dr.

Overall, I'm not feeling fantastic. I'm tired and irritable, I can't focus at work and I really feel like I need a vacation, but all my vacation time has been going towards working at the horse shows. I already told my husband that I'm not working this many next year! My girls are also upset that we didn't go on any type of vacation. I also haven't thrown them a birthday party yet--that's a huge stress of it's own because we're not the "cool" house and I'm certainly not ever going to be the "cool" mom. We don't have a pool, we don't have a trampoline--our house is boring! And I'm not going to go all out and spend hundreds of dollars to throw a party when I know just how hard I've worked at all those horse shows to make some $$.

Ugh.

But, on the bright side of things, my parents are coming out to visit and staying with us for a few weeks. I'm hoping during that time to take some time off and just enjoy their visit. I'm looking forward to that!

Karen, I'm sure it is a big adjustment moving in with your son and his family. Just give yourself time and grace!

Comment

Lost 1.8 lbs

Recent weights:
      08/16/18: 130.6 lbs
      08/09/18: 132.4 lbs
      08/02/18: 131.6 lbs

It worked! The advice that I always give, when one is successful at losing weight, but reaches a platuea, is to "change things up". And, the most effective change, for me, has been to increase calorie consumption. The reason behind this strategy is that my body has successfully lost weight for 6 weeks. But, my body isn't aware that it's a success. Our species learned, back in cave man days, how to protect us from starvation, when food was sometimes plentiful, but other times, scarce. So, after consistent weight loss, it began to fear that scarcity was here, and began conserving calories to protect me from starvation.

So, I tricked it. I simply ate more for one day. And, just to make sure that I ate enough, I documented calories for one day. I didn't binge. I only ate between 1500-1600 calories. But, generally, 1200 is probably enough for me and, many days, I suspect I'd been eating less because fruits and vegetables and a few nuts and seeds just don't have that many calories. Last week, though, I over-did the nuts so I got lots of calories and lots of fat. I added a tbsp of coconut oil for the same reason. But, I continued to make healthy food choices.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry for the late check in - I did weigh yesterday, but got so busy that I haven't posted the results until now . I gained 0.6 pounds.

8/9 122.0
        8/16 122.6

No excuses. I ate too much of the wrong things. I will atttempt to loose half a pound this week.

Mamabug - Fantastic ! You are the only person that I know who eats more to lose more weight.
        Keep up the great work.

hsmaldo - sorry that you had a gain, BUT great that you gained only 1 pound in a month . You can do this. I hope that the doctor works with you on your meds - stress will cause weight gain. Best wishes for your husband's fast recovery .

ShrinkKaren - sorry to hear of your gain. I can imagine how it must feel to not be in your own place, eating what you want (or not) whenever you want to, not living according to your own schedule and having to be worried about inconveniencing others. I hope that your perspective on this changes soon and that you become more at peace living the life that you are blessed to have right now.

Good luck to all this week .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Mamabug - Fantastic ! You are the only person that I know who eats more to lose more weight.
          Keep up the great work.
          lol. It works for plateaus. :-)
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X