What to do about a relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do about a relapse

What do people do when they have an attack? I will never set foot in another hospital after I was treated worse than I would want for my worst enemy... so how do you handle attacks without a hospital. An outpatient drs appointment where I can go home that night is as far as I’ll go. I have to take twice my dose of anxiety medicine just to go to the drs now.... so I’ve just been wondering what people do besides the hospital.

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
    What do people do when they have an attack? I will never set foot in another hospital after I was treated worse than I would want for my worst enemy... so how do you handle attacks without a hospital. An outpatient drs appointment where I can go home that night is as far as I’ll go. I have to take twice my dose of anxiety medicine just to go to the drs now.... so I’ve just been wondering what people do besides the hospital.
    I rest. Meditate. Practice deep breathing. I really think it helps to try to relax, depending on what the relapse is. Mine was visual and I think an unusual amount of stress caused it. So I tried to keep my eyes closed as much as possible and give it time to “run it’s course” or whatever. I hope yours is short lived. 💖
    "It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Thankfully I’m not having one right now. I just want to plan ahead for what I can do since hospitals are a no way. And I know I’d be a crying mess that couldn’t breathe if it was to happen so I figured I’d plan ahead now.

Comment

Thanks for asking this question Daisy. I'm keeping a list of things to ask my neurologist and this is a big one. I've heard some people say that after an attack we heal as much as we are going to, regardless of whether we take a course of steroids. I'm definitely going to ask about it because I'd rather not do the steroids too.
        All the best, ~G

Comment

Let me know what he says... I'd ask mine but seeing as how I only spend 10 minutes with him I do not think I will have the time. I am asking my PCP to a referral to a new one IF this next appointment is just as bad.

Comment

An exacerbation (relapse, attack, flare-up) can be treated with steroids, the most common is IVSM and done in your home. Not all exacerbation require steroids. Steroids might shorten the length of an exacerbation but might not and they don't change the outcome of the disease process.

Exacerbations can resolve without the use of steroids.

I have had 6 exacerbations and have never been in the hospital for any of them. I used steroids (oral prednisone) only for my first 2 exacerbations.

Symptom management medications can be used to treat some symptoms that might arise from an exacerbation, making you more comfortable (hopefully).
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
            X