Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

This is new to me.

In November my hands started to feel a bit numb, doctor thought carpool tunnel. Then days after i turned 40 in April i started having vision problems, then my legs went numb my hands got worse, my body felt tingly and tight. A CT and MRI later i got a call saying there are lesions on my brain and upper spine. I had to give more blood then started a steroid treatment, my vision was almost better before the treatment and my legs were getting better. Now my lwft hand is numb and my aem is tingly, my legs are pretty good not normal but i will take it, my vision is normal, my right hand is pretty good except my pinky and the finger beside it.

It was pretty frustrating going shipping and feeling drunk, or not being able to tie my shoes, or see without closing on eye.

i have my first neurologist appointment 27-Aug any questions i should ask her?

my employer and colleagues has been excellent through all of this, which i great one less thing to worry about.

I am happy i found this forum but wish it did not exist and no one elsr had to go through all of this

hoping for a cure for everyone

Chuck

Welcome Chuck!!

Yea, I think we all share in your thoughts that we wish we weren't here, but you have come to a good place with lots of support knowing we all get it. We are here to help in any way, so don't be shy asking questions. Collectively, there is a wealth of knowledge among us.

Here's something from the National MS Society that will help you form questions for your Dr. appt. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tr...-Doctor-Visits

Sorry you are having problems and hope they resolve soon enough for you. Lucky you to have support thru work.

Take care and hope to see more of you!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Welcome Chuck!!

Yea, I think we all share in your thoughts that we wish we weren't here, but you have come to a good place with lots of support knowing we all get it. We are here to help in any way, so don't be shy asking questions. Collectively, there is a wealth of knowledge among us.

Here's something from the National MS Society that will help you form questions for your Dr. appt. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tr...-Doctor-Visits

Sorry you are having problems and hope they resolve soon enough for you. Lucky you to have support thru work.

Take care and hope to see more of you!
      Hi ChuckB and welcome ~

I want to echo everything that Seasha has said!

Thanks for sharing, and please keep us updated as to how you are doing, and also how your neuro appointment goes.

Wishing you the best!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for sharing Chuck. It sucks but alas here we are. There is plenty of information here to learn from. It all takes a while to sift through but it's worth it to learn what's going on.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Welcome, Chuck. Yeah; the many symptoms we have are frustrating.

When you go to the doctor with a list of questions, it's helpful to have them written out or printed out, so that you remember what you want to ask.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks everyone

I have startes a list of questions i would like answers to, Someone work with whos Mother went through this suggested i document when things change, I have started that as well as filled in how things progressed.

One of the frustrating things is family and friends ask a lot of questions i do not know the answers too sometimes it feels like an interrogation, i know they mean well and just want to understand things, i look fine now until i reach into my pockets and some fingers do not go in.

there is a ton of information here and lots of positive information.

thanks again for the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB View Post
              One of the frustrating things is family and friends ask a lot of questions i do not know the answers too sometimes it feels like an interrogation, i know they mean well and just want to understand things, i look fine now until i reach into my pockets and some fingers do not go in.
              ChuckB

I see that you are from Canada.

When you get tired or frustrated from answering questions about MS, you could inform others to check out this website - The MS Society of Canada:

https://mssociety.ca/about-ms

It pretty much covers everything including Symptoms, Types of MS, Medications, Latest Research, etc.

Just a thought.

Take Care
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yup!

Hello Chuck! I am sorry that you have been diagnosed with MS but this is the place to be with kind folks and good information. Please know that everyone’s MS is different and it even takes a lot of time to figure out your own MS. I was diagnosed in 2009 and had a recent flare after many good years. In some ways it feels like starting over so I am working on rolling along with it and being positive.

Feel free to ask away....no silly questions and lots of caring folks that have walked in your shoes. Wishing you a fast and strong recovery!! MGM

Comment

Welcome Chuck. Glad you found us. The one thing I would recommend is having someone else with you that can be a second set of ears and take notes for you. In the early appointments, it can be so overwhelming to take so much info in.

Good luck with your appointment.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

update

Hi

it has been awhile sense i posted, i tend to keep t myself and do not react well to help nor do i ask for it, for some reason i feel i got myself into this and now i have to deal with it. After seeing the neurologist there are many lesions on my brain and spin, i stopped counting at 5 on the brain and 3 on the spine.

I feel fortunite to live in Canada but i am experiencing a bit of a cluster when trying to get the funding for
                    Tecfidera the problem is i have a well paying full time job with benefits, the drug plan does not cover the cost of Tecfidera, but until now it was more then enough, the benefit compaany and the Trillum drug plan and the drug company (who has been the most helpful) are all trying to figure out who pays what and they need different letters from me and the doctor, it is a bit stressful as i fear i will end up with the bill at the end and when i go to get a refill of my pregablin perscrption i am afraid of what it will cost, i feel having a full time job with a drug plan is making things more difficult and i stress over Money, I worked hard to get to where i am and fear i will loos it all and end up back where i started (not good i still cannot believe i lived like that)

Does anyone here have experience with the Disability tax credit or obtaining a handy cap parking permit, i do not mind walking and want to walk when i can but winter is comming and i am not the most stable, and sometimes to walk at work seems like a long ways and i am not one to lean on someone else's car.

Sorry for the vent i am just getting frustrated and would prefer to save my energy dealing with MS instead of on the phone trying to figure out what form i have to fill and stressing about the cost.

I hope everyone here is feeling better, sorry for typos my left hand is not very co-operative.

C

Comment

Hi ChuckB

Thanks for the update on your situation, and for letting us know what you're going through.

Good luck with the funding for Tecfidera, and hopefully you won't have to worry about the cost when they get it all figured out.

Does anyone here have experience with the Disability tax credit or obtaining a handy cap parking permit, i do not mind walking and want to walk when i can but winter is comming and i am not the most stable, and sometimes to walk at work seems like a long ways and i am not one to lean on someone else's car.
                      Not sure how those things work in Canada, but our Canadian members should be able to steer you in the right direction. Or, you could contact the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada and they will guide you.

https://mssociety.ca/support-service...wledge-network

Sorry for the vent i am just getting frustrated and would pckCrefer to save my energy dealing with MS instead of on the phone trying to figure out what form i have to fill and stressing about the cost.
                      You're welcome to vent here as much as you need to, ChuckB.

Hopefully the drug situation will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, take good care of yourself.

Find ways to ease that stress, as it is not good for us.

Let us know how things work out.

Take Care

Comment

it is here. so thats good still have to deal with the other stuff

i will start first dose Sunday after work when i start my 4 days off

Comment

I feel fortunite to live in Canada but i am experiencing a bit of a cluster when trying to get the funding for [/FONT]Tecfidera the problem is i have a well paying full time job with benefits, the drug plan does not cover the cost of ...

Sorry for the vent i am just getting frustrated and would prefer to save my energy dealing with MS instead of on the phone trying to figure out what form i have to fill and stressing about the cost.

Thanks for the update. For some of your questions, there are other Canadians here who might be able to answer some of what you need to know.

You might find more help if you post Canadian questions here:
                          https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...-all-Canadians

But, please keep posting on the General Board too, to keep us all up to date.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug

thank you for that link i did not see that section, of course i come here and get overwhelmed and side tracked with all of the useful information.

Chuck

Comment

Mamabug

thank you for that link i did not see that section, of course i come here and get overwhelmed and side tracked with all of the useful information.

Chuck
                              You're welcome. It's a large message board with a lot of forums and sub-forums. :-)
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X