Started G yesterday...all tests done at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started G yesterday...all tests done at home

So I started G yesterday after 3 years of Tec and 3 of C. Anyways too soon to tell, but so far just a little tired.

Anyways.....I just wanted to bring up as I haven't seen anyone mention it on this thread. I had my vision, EKG, and first dose appointments all at home! Nurse came out and did the vision and EKG and then the same nurse and a doctor came to my house yesterday for the 6 hour monitoring. This was all arranged through the Gilenya Go Program. They said the option for in home testing is available in my area so I said hell to the yeah!

I live in somewhat rural KS about 30 miles south of Kansas City. So it's not like I live in huge metropolis. Anyone else who started G have the in home option?

I have to drive almost an hour away on Friday for my first dose to be done at an urgent care center. This is because while my primary insurance would cover someone in home or a clinic close by, the Gilenya folks are saying this is the closest place that I can go to that accepts both my primary insurance (Medical Mutual) and my secondary insurance (Tricare Select for retirees - my spouse is retired military).

Comment

Working...
    X