Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried Acetyl L Cartnine/Alpha Lipoic now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried Acetyl L Cartnine/Alpha Lipoic now what?

I have tried the above (please excuse my spelling here if I got it wrong) and while it gave me some energy, reduced my headaches and nicely improved my complexion, I gained weight. Weight gain is a no no for me due to high blood pressure, which runs in my family. So I stopped taking it and the weight is slowly coming off.

I am on C0q10, but it's not doing much. I'm afraid of Gabapentin, you guessed it, because of the potential for weight gain.

Any other ideas out there? My simple wish is to not wake up in the morning feeling like road kill.

Thanks!

Something you might want to look into is taking your acetyl L carnitine (maybe 200mg approx.) with 1000 mg of lion's mane mushroom in the morning and see if you feel better. I suspect you will. Please let us know if you try, won't you?

Best!

Comment

Lions mane mushroom. I had to look it up. I almost thought your response was meant to be funny. :-)

Do you take it?

I'll run it by my doctor to see if it's safe for me.

Since I went off the other stuff I've lost 6lb's of the excess weight I gained from being on it.

Comment

Yes, I do use Lion's Mane mushrooms in combination with other mushrooms.

What I have found extremely effective for me in boosting energy and cognitive function is the combination of mushrooms as follows... Reishi, Chaga, Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Maitake, and Turkey Tail in equal proportion.

You can purchase quality mushroom supplements widely online. If you only want to try a small amount of that specific combination, which is prudent, IMO, you can purchase 60 grams of Freshcap Thrive for about $23 on Amazon. I take 1 gram twice a day. Some people take more, some take only 1 gram per day. The way I take it at 2 grams per day is enough for a real trial of 30 days. For me, it works well.

If you do happen to try mushrooms, won't you please let us know your experience with them? Thank you!

It's interesting that you would "run it by my doctor to see if it's safe for me'. I almost thought your response was meant to be funny! Did your doctor study mushrooms as part of his/her training? Not likely, IMO.

Seriously, why on earth would you think he/she could determine the safety of something they never studied or perhaps, have read little or nothing about?

You have to do the homework yourself on matters outside the realm of traditional western medicine like mushrooms. You will learn more in 30 minutes than someone who hasn't spent 30 minutes researching it; like your doctor, for instance. Then he/she can ask you about it because you will be more knowledgeable. Good luck to you! I'm not trying to be a wise-guy or a jerk so I hope you will excuse my expressions if I'm offensive.

Seasha, if someone in your family is interested in raising mushrooms he may want to check the combo I mentioned out as an anti-fatigue formula and possibly develop a business if he believes it works. IMO, there is a huge opportunity for a grower so inclined.

Best wishes!

Comment

Working...
        X