Refills for a Schedule IV Medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refills for a Schedule IV Medication

I take Modafinil for fatigue. It is a Schedule 4 drug. I know the prescription is good for only 6 months and that after the first fill there can only be 5 refills before a new prescription (and, of course, an annual insurance approval....)is required.
    What is the time one must wait between ordering a refill? Pharmacy says 30 days; however, they've filled it a few times in the past with less than 20 days in between refills.
    I tried to search the internet and couldn't find the answer.

If the prescription is for 30 days,vfor insurance to pay, I have to wait 30 days from last fill. If 60 days, then 60. Thankfully, pharmacy is 7 days a week. Not sure what would happen if closed!

I have had to get needs early for vacation. I had to get the insurance company involved to get it early.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yes, and better hope you don't drop one or two of those pills the floor! Can't believe the nonsense I recently had with another pharmacy regarding refills for alcohol swabs...... Better not drop one of those either. Over six grand a month for my MS med (I'm on one of the least costly DMT)! and I'm hassled over the number of alcohol swabs!

Comment

Working...
      X