Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/9/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/9/18

Hi Everyone. I am astonished. Years ago I had a serious ankle injury which left me with a deformed ankle and a lot of swelling. I recently went to a new physical therapist in my new home environment and he prescribed compression stockings which I bought. I went for a therapy session today and the therapist weighed me at my request. I weighed 112.5 pounds and the therapist was sure it was from loss of fluid via the compression stockings. There was a small bit of swelling on my unaffected leg which I also lost. It seems unfair to count fluid loss because it was not due to fat. However I can’t say it was all fluid loss.

Counting all the weight I lost, I lost 5.5 pounds and as above I currently weigh 112.5 pounds which is quite a bit below my target weight of 115. I really don’t want to put weight back on so will try to stay at 112.5. This will be a challenge with my daughter-in-law’s superb cooking.

Agate, good for you for staying the same. May you go down this coming week.

Mamabug, excellent loss even though your diet is not for weight loss. Keep reaping the benefits of your new dietary plan on two fronts. You are to be commended for sticking to the new plan which I am sure is something of a challenge. Keep on losing.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you again this week and hope all is well in your busy life.

Msgijo, that is quite a loss. Sorry you are having trouble adapting to your new meds. It sounds like you are making appropriate compromises. I hope you have found the right answer for handling your meds or that you will soon. Do keep us informed.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Add, Don't Subtract

Forget diet denial: Try adding foods to your diet instead of subtracting them.

Add in healthy goodies you really love, like deep-red cherries, juicy grapes, or crunchy snow peas. Slip those favorite fruits into your bag lunch and breakfast cereal; add the veggies into soups, stews, and sauces.

"Adding in really works, taking away never does," says registered dietitian David Grotto, RD, LDN, author of 101 Optimal Life Foods, but do remember to keep an eye on overall calories. And don't forget to add in something physical, too, whether it's doing a few dance moves before dinner, shooting hoops, or taking a quick stroll.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

8.8 pounds by three members. What a fantastic week. Three members showed a good loss and should be celebrating. Keep up the good work.

Total Gain:

0 pounds. No one reported gains this week. I hope no one is avoiding the painful truth.

Stayed The Same:

1memberstayed the same. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4128.6 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
    08/09/18: 132.4lbs
    08/02/18: 131.6 lbs
    07/26/18: 134.0 lbs
    07/19/18: 135.2 lbs

Edit: I realized, earlier this week, that my post was a pound off, but it took me until today to correct it. I'm working to get it down for this coming week. I was about at 6 weeks of weight loss, which often triggers a plateau, so I'm using a plateau-busting strategy to change course. I hope it will work.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 08-14-2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: Mistake
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.4 pounds .

8/2 121.6
      8/9 122.0

I think that I have found a good compromise on my thyroid meds. I had blood work yesterday and they called this morning to tell me that everything looked good?. But I have to confess that the gain this week was from a lunch at the church on Tuesday. Somebody had brought a 'Banana Split Pie' that was oh so good (and fattening). AND I cooked a large meal on Sunday - ham, potato salad, green beans and some squash casserole that I had in the freezer (again, so good but fattening).
      I have to get back on board here .

Mamabug - good loss ! Keep on the good road .

ShrinkKaren - Awesome loss ! Yes count the water loss proudly (I rue the water gain every time I eat too much sodium, but count it). Such a great bit of news that your new physical therapist is being so vigilant in your care. Let's hope that all other 'new' doctors are as good as this .

Agate - I should have taken the weight that I had earlier in the week too - I would have shown a loss of the 0.4 pounds that I had to count as gain today LOL . But you are still doing great to keep your weight below the dreaded 120 ! Maybe you and I should get some compression stocking like Karen so that we can get rid of a couple of pounds .

Comment

Working...
      X