This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    which reminds me that I still haven't written my favorites down in my journal yet.
    I finally gave up writing them down and started a word document on the computer. I did this so I could share what has been compiled with those in my life that would benefit from all or some of the quotes. I used to have a journal on a word document but I don't journal any longer, my quotes fill that space now
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Just as I was hitting [submit reply], I thought - duh, I should just copy and paste onto a word document! My book is almost full anyway~
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Here's one, courtesy of a blog post in the BARTs blog:

“...Life is an age-dependent neurodegenerative disease.”

I loved this because it implies we are all headed in the same direction. Unfortunately in some of us the neurodegeneration seems to be happening a little quicker, sigh!

Here's the link to the whole post in case the mods will allow. Thanks
        https://multiple-sclerosis-research.....html?spref=tw
        All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
          I finally gave up writing them down and started a word document on the computer. I did this so I could share what has been compiled with those in my life that would benefit from all or some of the quotes. I used to have a journal on a word document but I don't journal any longer, my quotes fill that space now
          I started this too. Even trying to group into themes, so when I feel the need for a certain type of wuote, can easily find them. Then of course, my mind starts creating too many categories....
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Inner Peace

"Inner peace begins

the moment you choose

not to allow

another person or event

to control your emotions"

Pema Chodron
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              "Inner peace begins

the moment you choose

not to allow

another person or event

to control your emotions"

Pema Chodron
              I saw Pema Chodron on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday and fell in love with her. I will be coping and pasting this into my document of quotes
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                I saw Pema Chodron on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday and fell in love with her. I will be copying and pasting this into my document of quotes
                Oh, that sounds like a wonderful show, having Pema on as a guest.

I have a book of hers, (No Time To Lose), but have never seen or heard her.

Maybe I'll have to youtube her.
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice.
                  - Stephen Covey
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So many have found this poem inspiring, written by William E Henley when he was about 24 years old...

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
                    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
                    I thank whatever gods may be
                    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
                    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
                    Under the bludgeonings of chance
                    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                    And yet the menace of the years
                    Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
                    How charged with punishments the scroll,
                    I am the master of my fate:
                    I am the captain of my soul.

“When Henley was 16 years old, his left leg required amputation due to complications arising from tuberculosis. In the early 1870s, after seeking treatment for problems with his other leg at Margate, he was told that it would require a similar procedure. In August 1873 he chose instead to travel to Edinburgh to enlist the services of the distinguished English surgeon Joseph Lister, who was able to save Henley's remaining leg after multiple surgical interventions on the foot. While recovering in the infirmary, he was moved to write the verses that became "Invictus". Quoted from Wiki

Comment

Jennaly16 - saw this on a thread and loved it. Should I give you quote credit? Going in my quote book for times when I need a pick up!

You can either give yourself a pity party and be the only guest or put on some dancing shoes and go to a party and be surrounded by many. Your choice!
                      Kathy

Comment

If there is to be peace in the world,
                        There must be peace in the nations.
                        If there is to be peace in the nations,
                        There must be peace in the cities.
                        If there is to be peace in the cities,
                        There must be peace between neighbors.
                        If there is to be peace between neighbors,
                        There must be peace in the home.
                        If there is to be peace in the home,
                        There must be peace in the heart.

Lao Tzu
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                          If there is to be peace in the world,
                          There must be peace in the nations.
                          If there is to be peace in the nations,
                          There must be peace in the cities.
                          If there is to be peace in the cities,
                          There must be peace between neighbors.
                          If there is to be peace between neighbors,
                          There must be peace in the home.
                          If there is to be peace in the home,
                          There must be peace in the heart.

Lao Tzu
                          Beautiful.
                          Kathy

Comment

Not starting a conversation on politics, but saw this and thought that our leaders in the US need to take a cue and learn sonething. My heart goes out to anyone affected by our government shutdown.

If you can learn a simple trick, Scout, you’ll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.
                            – Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
                            Kathy

Comment

You could have grown cold, but you grew courageous instead. You could have given up, but you kept on going. You could have seen obstacles, but you called them adventures. You could have called them weeds, but instead you called them wildflowers. You could have died a caterpillar, but you fought on to be a butterfly. You could have denied yourself goodness, but instead you chose to show yourself some self-love. You could have defined yourself by the dark days, but instead through them you realized your light.
                              ~ S.C Lourie
                              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Sunflowers always turn in the direction of light because they instinctively know it’s a source of strength and renewal. Take a lesson from the sunflower. Look for the light in your world.
                                ~ Eleanor Brownn
                                Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X