Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not whether you get knocked down, but whether you get back up. - Vince Lombardi

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read. - Mark Twain

Live a good life and in the end, it's not the years in a life, it's the life in the years. - Abe Lincoln
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

“Together we are all on a journey called life. We are a little broken and a little shattered inside. Each one of us is aspiring to make it to the end. None is deprived of pain here and we have all suffered in our own ways.

I think our journey is all about healing ourselves and healing each other in our own special ways. Let’s just help each other put all those pieces back together and make it to the end more beautifully. Let us help each other survive.”

~ Baba Ram Dass
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Somedays you're the windshield; somedays you're the bug! This is one of my all-time faves!
        Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

As we release old patterns and thoughts, we create space for healthier ones to fill the void. The weight of negativity and anger can be replaced by the lightness of divine love and unconditional acceptance. ~ Carolyn McGee

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. ~ Denis Waitley

See the beauty in everything. As you awaken to your divine nature, you’ll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch, and experience. ~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

The truth is Like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose, it will defend itself. ~ Unknown
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

There's a REASON for everything. Hahaha!
            DIAGNOSED=2012
            ISSUES LONG BEFORE
            REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

You have to think it, to be it! (My variation on a favorite scripture).

And this is a great one to always live by:

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you, if you knew how little they did!"

I have lived by that one since high school. Not sure who said it, but all of us spend way too much time and energy worrying about what others may say about ourselves.
              Brenda
              Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Gratitude, like faith, is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it grows, and the more power you have to use it on your behalf.

If you do not practice gratefulness, its benefaction will go unnoticed, and your capacity to draw on its gifts will be diminished.

To be grateful is to find blessings in everything. This is the most powerful attitude to adopt, for there are blessings in everything.

Alan Cohen
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I love that this continues to grow.

Mamabug - on this Thanksgiving Eve, gratitude quote is so timely.
                  Kathy

Comment

It's not what's under the Christmas Tree that matters, it's who's around it. ~ Charlie Brown
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                      It's not what's under the Christmas Tree that matters, it's who's around it. ~ Charlie Brown
                      Charlie Brown was sometimes a smart guy! Family and friends - what it is all about.
                      Kathy

Comment

Rise

Don’t get angry or enraged or insulted. Rise above the bulls..t. Flick your light back on, and shine it brighter than ever, and fall so deeply in love with your own life that anyone who tried to wrong you becomes a laughable, ridiculous, distant memory.

~Cara Alwill Leyba

Comment

The only people you should try to get even with are those who have helped you.
                          - May Maloo

Comment

Myoak:
                            Rise
                            Don’t get angry or enraged or insulted. Rise above the bulls..t. Flick your light back on, and shine it brighter than ever, and fall so deeply in love with your own life that anyone who tried to wrong you becomes a laughable, ridiculous, distant memory.
                            ~Cara Alwill Leyba
                            Myoak, I really like this, thanks for sharing.

Nothing enriches the soul more than a peaceful respite, a break from the noise of the day. It is heavenly to find stillness with a cup of healing elixir, be it coffee or tea or hot chocolate, to sit and sip feeling the splendor of the moment, to remind yourself that life is a beautiful gift and you are lucky to be alive. ~Jody Doty
                            Diagnosed 1984
                            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

"Often times when we heal, what we once called a wound now becomes a gift.

What we once called unfair becomes a blessing.

What we once called heartache now becomes strength.

What we once called dis-empowerment now becomes mastery.

What we once called unconscious now becomes wisdom.

What we once called anger now becomes assertiveness.

What we once called darkness now becomes light.

What we once called judgement now becomes understanding.

In this world of duality the soul needs the contradictions and full range of experiences to actualize itself, this is the unraveling nature of awakening and the dance we do in this polarized realm. When we feel devoid of light we must remind ourselves we need darkness for the stars to shine upon the backdrop of this world we live in. That we are always making steps back home to our essence regardless of how the outside picture looks in the moment.

We are always making our way back to wholeness and understanding our contradictions as we love them and integrate them back into our heart of compassion. One of the greatest measures is knowing that when we transform we see we are both simultaneously all of these things yet none of them."
                              - Terri Morehu

"Even our most difficult moments bring us gifts. The trick, of course, is gratitude. Therein will you find both your peace and your joy.” — Neale Donald Walsch

There is profound healing in retraining your brain to focus on what is good. This is not a process of denying reality, but of self-preservation. Be kind to yourself. Your dreams don’t have to be “big.” A simple plan to be happy is more than a worthy goal. ~ Margaret B. Moss

When we choose to let go and surrender all that no longer serves our highest good, we are choosing to set ourselves free. ~ Tracy Smith
                              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Thanks Snoopy- I love these!

which reminds me that I still haven't written my favorites down in my journal yet.
                                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X