Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing”
    Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I saw a special on a domestic violence organization. This woman is a survivor of horrendous abuse. I loved this quote. It is a testament to the human spirit.

Melissa Dohme -
      When something bad happens, I believe we have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can make it the choice to rise above and let it strengthen you.

How powerful that is.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        All that I am, all that I have, I place into the light of your doorway. Bless me with your grace. Shower me with courage. Remind me that I am whole when I feel broken, that I am strong when I feel weak, that I am certain when I have doubt, and that I am worthy when I feel inconsequential. Show me the beauty of my eternal soul. Drench me in purposeful passion. Help me to transcend fear, to honor my purpose, to know the transformative power of love and to live my life in timeless joy. - Jody Doty
        I've been watching this thread grow for awhile but didn't take the time to read it until now.

So many good quotes.

I really liked the Jody Doty quotes. Here was one of my favorites.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

"She once believed that the damage to her mind and heart was permanent, until she met wisdom, who taught her that no pain or wound is eternal, that all can be healed and that love can grow even in the toughest parts of her being." ~ Yung Pueblo

I know myself now, I feel within me a peace above all earthly dignities, a still and quiet conscience. ~ William Shakespeare

When the energy you long for seems out of your grasp, fall back into the heartbeat of love unconditional.

When I trust deeply that today God is truly with me and holds me safe in a divine embrace, guiding every one of my steps I can let go of my anxious need to know how tomorrow will look, or what will happen next month or next year. I can be fully where I am and pay attention to the many signs of Gods love within me and around me. ~ Henri Nouwen

When our wounds cease to be a source of shame, and become a source of healing, we become wounded healers. ~ Henri Nouwen
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

The quote geek in me is happy to see more. Thanks Snoopy!
            Kathy

Comment

For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: A gaseous nebula must collapse. So collapse. Crumble, this is not your destruction. This is your birth. ~ Unknown

Some people awaken spiritually without ever coming into contact without any meditation technique or spiritual teaching. They may awaken simply because they can’t stand the suffering anymore. ~ Eckhart Tolle
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

When you run after your thoughts, you are like a dog chasing a stick: every time a stick is thrown you run after it. Instead, be like a lion who, rather than chasing the stick, turn to face the thrower. One only throws a stick at a lion once. ~ Milarepa
                Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you lived through it. Honor your path. Trust your journey. Learn, grow, evolve, become. ~ Creig Crippen
                  Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Love this one Snoopy. So much wisdom.
                    Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                      Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you lived through it. Honor your path. Trust your journey. Learn, grow, evolve, become. ~ Creig Crippen
                      Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                      Love this one Snoopy. So much wisdom.
                      Ditto, Kathy!

Thank you SNOOPY.

Take Care
                      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

My favourite quote is from a John Lennon song:

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"

Good description of my life with MS!

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by riverlady5783 View Post
                          My favourite quote is from a John Lennon song:

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"

Good description of my life with MS!

Lisa
                          So true!
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

"Life is full of ups and downs, and our emotions are our signposts. We mustn’t hide them away, therefore, especially if we would like to understand such difficult emotions as anger or jealousy, and work with ourselves to experience these negative states less often. We need to make friends with all our emotions, both positive and negative, so we can begin to see where they come from or how they are triggered."

Gyalwang Drukpa
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

One Joy can scatter a thousand sorrows. ~ Chinese Proverb

You will be okay. Not like a bright shiny penny, but one burnished by experience. The tears now blurring your vision will wash your eyes clean. You will see things with new clarity, and your sense of worth will be greater than you could have ever imagined. ~ Margaret B Moss

Dismiss the pull of drama.
                              Make time for simple Blessings.
                              Bask in peaceful moments and heal the heart and soothe the soul.
                              ~ Jody Doty
                              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Some days I amaze myself. Other days I trip putting on my socks. Life is hit or miss and being able to laugh at yourself is a plus! ~ Jody Doty

Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X