Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. - Margaret Lee Runbeck

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. - Elbert Hubbard

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily. - Ziglar

Dance like noone is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like noone is listening, Live like it's heaven on Earth. - William Turkey

The road to success is always under construction. - Jim Miller

The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly. - Robert H. Schuller
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

A friend is the gift you give yourself.
      - Robert Louis Stevenson

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain. - Unknown

Satisfaction lies in effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory. - Mahatma Gandhi

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now. - Joan Baez

There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. - W. Clement Stone

Hope people relate to some quotes depending on your day and what you are facing in life. I haven't had my journal for awhile. It was so calming to read through this am and try to pick favorites out. Next step: add some from this thread. Thanks to all for sharing.
      Kathy

Comment

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." ??

"When there is light in the soul, there is beauty in the person;
        When there is beauty in the person, there is harmony in the home;
        When there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation;
        When there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world"
        ~Lao Tse~

Life is a caring mother
        Holding and guarding the life
        Of her only child.
        So with a boundless heart
        Hold yourself and all beings.
        ~Buddha~

From each heart is a window to other hearts. They are not separate like two bodies. Just as even though two lamps are not joined, their light is united in a single ray.
        ~Jalaluddin Runi~
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sorry I am late to the party . One of my favorite sayings is something that seems to be attributable to either Plato or Socrates. The quote is "I know that I don't know". I usually use the phrase " you don't know what you don't know" ! That phrase always seems to fit the situation !

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
            Sorry I am late to the party . One of my favorite sayings is something that seems to be attributable to either Plato or Socrates. The quote is "I know that I don't know". I usually use the phrase " you don't know what you don't know" ! That phrase always seems to fit the situation !
            JerryD,

Thanks for the quote. I was about to enter one that I always liked and saw that you had entered a quote VERY similar but different. My quote doesn't have the pedigree of yours....

When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know. -Bill Parcells

Comment

What a great thread!

"Sometimes you have to use your failures as stepping stones to success. You have to maintain a fine balance between hope and despair".

From the book A Fine Balance
              ---Rohinton Mistry

Comment

If you can’t explain it to a six year old , then you just don’t understand it.

Albert Einstein
                It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere.
                  And sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself. ~Unknown

A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love…from a belief in what is not real, to faith in that which is. That shift in perception changes everything. ~ Marianne Williamson

"I know my own darkness. I've sat with it many times. I choose to LOVE, and to Live my LIGHT." - Amanda Fernandez

And then it happens… One day you wake up and you’re in this place. You’re in this place where everything feels right. Your heart is calm. Your soul is lit. Your thoughts are positive. Your vision is clear. Your faith is stronger than ever. And you’re at peace. At peace with where you’ve been. At peace with what you have been through. And at peace with where you are headed. – Unknown
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I love these Snoopy -you have so many good ones!

Here's one I love from Annette Funicello -

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful."
                    -- Annette Funicello

Comment

Wounded Healer:
                      They are not born and they are not made…They create themselves through conquering adversity, trial and error, and extreme pain and suffering. They conquer fear and find a way to speak their truth even when they are afraid. In doing so they shine light for others who are lost and feeling alone, and in return their inner light ignites with renewed purpose. A purpose greater than they ever could have imagined. – Unknown

I am blooming from the wound where I once bled. ~ Rune Lazuli

Kathy(pennstater), I would like to thank you once again for starting this thread. I have enjoyed reading through all of the quotes everyone has posted and added many to my (long) list of quotes.
                      Diagnosed 1984
                      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

lovely!!

Its better to be a grandparent than a parent. have the fun without the work.

Could be said in a more flowery way and has been said by many with different words but the meaning is universal.
                        a friend of mine said this recently while we were discussing grandkids.
                        Of course mine is more gorgeous than hers.

Comment

"Once you face and understand your limitations, you can work with them, instead of having them work against you and get in your way, which is what they do when you ignore them, whether you realize it or not.

And then you find that, in many cases, your limitations can be your strengths."

from The Tao of Pooh
                          by Benjamin Hoff

Comment

Thanks Seesha. A great reminder I need to copy some of these!
                            Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                              Thanks Seesha. A great reminder I need to copy some of these!
                              Me too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                                Me too!!
                                We were away for 9 days, rural area, no internet or cell coverage at the cabin. Occasionally, access in an area. Wild to be that disconnected. Of course, all forgetful now that I am home! But how peaceful it was. Surrounded by Mother Nature.
                                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X