This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
    If what lies ahead scares you and what's behind hurts you, just stop and look within you. That's where you will find your strength, hope, peace and power to change your destiny, in the only time there ever is... Here & Now. -Unknown

Self-forgiveness cleanses the soul. - Muses from a mystic

Our strength is not, in holding onto what no longer serves us. It lies in the knowing of when to gracefully let go. – Sama Akbar

Ego says, “once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace. “Spirit says, “find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.” – Marianne Williamson

You either get bitter or you get better, it’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you. – Josh Shipp
    Wow SNOOPY ~ thank you!

For some reason, these particular quotes have really touched my heart and soul.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Love this!!!
      Always have loved quotes especially those that are so simple and deliver their message so succinctly that you just 'get it' immediately. wish i we so clever
      I have long said that i would like to have a quote 'wall' in my home and with that in mind began collecting some . unfortunately with the memory the way it is i don't seem to be able to recall them 10 mins after i have read them so unless i get a hard copy asap its lost, but i still love reading any i come across and find they always lift my day.

Only ones i can think of at the moment is- "Life only gives us what we can cope with"
      and "smile today cause tomorrow may be worse"

Keep them coming

Comment

"It is a waste of time to tell someone what to admire, if he does not himself sense it"

- St Augustine

Comment

"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." -- Sir Joshua Reynolds
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I've loved reading these. I want to share some too!

"The only constant is change." - attributed to Heraclitus

"I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love." - Eddie Vedder (Just Breathe)
            *If you haven't heard this song, please listen to it. The lyrics are beautiful. Love love love it.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine." - Eddie Vedder (I Am Mine)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16

"A person with Multiple Sclerosis walks into a bar... and a table, and a chair, and a wall." - unsure

"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else." - 1 Thessalonians 5:15

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!... I'm somebody now!" - The Jerk

"You can't always get what you want." - The Rolling Stones
            DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
            - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Another-

Only the lame can love and only the maimed can mourn.

Kate Forsythe

Comment

Wisdom is the perfect blending of Intelligence and Love. +

Emmet Fox
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

"She isn't afraid of her tears anymore. The teardrops will flow, and they will flood, through an ocean of Love and into the Light of her own Soul."— Amanda Fernandez

Unless you learn to face your own shadows, you will continue to see them in others, because the world outside of you is only a reflection of the world inside you. – Brooke Lillith

Accept me for everything I am, but know that you will have to grow some patience as I climb out of everything I am not. – Pierre Alex Jeanty

The sound of her thoughts fell silent giving way to a peace of mind she forgot existed. Jody Doty
                  When the words won't come, bless the silence, the sacred space of creative thought and intention. The words will be born soon enough. Sit in the seat of silence with an open heart and a patient mind. Find peace in the pauses. Jody Doty

He ran his hands over my past – lingering over the dents and worn edges of my heart. And when I thought he’d run away like the others had…he told me I was a warrior, and that I would never fight another battle alone. - Unknown

I was reminded by the little girl in me to be amazed, to love simply and celebrate just because.
                  - Jody Doty

The world keeps trying to put you in a box. But you’re not one to fold your wings. - Unknown

The layers of her safe façade fall like teardrops despite her valiant efforts to grasp what she always believed was her truth. In their place rawness remains, a poignant vulnerability with foreign tenderness, a love she never realized existed. She stands on new ground like a neophyte pioneer embarking on a sacred journey. She lays down her sword, surrenders her ego, calls to her angels and gently walks into the sunrise of her soul. - Jody Doty

All that I am, all that I have, I place into the light of your doorway. Bless me with your grace. Shower me with courage. Remind me that I am whole when I feel broken, that I am strong when I feel weak, that I am certain when I have doubt, and that I am worthy when I feel inconsequential. Show me the beauty of my eternal soul. Drench me in purposeful passion. Help me to transcend fear, to honor my purpose, to know the transformative power of love and to live my life in timeless joy. - Jody Doty
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've never been too bright but I've always manage to outsmart myself." -unknown

Comment

Love them. My neighbor mentioned my quote book, that she was almost finished copying after. How to get back soon so I can add a few favorites!

Keep em' coming.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Laugh and the world laughs with you

You don't stop playing because you grow old.
                        You grow old because you stop playing.

Comment

It is the food which you furnish to your mind that determines the whole character of your life.

Emmet Fox

Comment

"Goonies never say die."

It was a favorite since before diagnosis, and seems as if I was drawn to it for a reason. 😃

Comment

You, as much as anyone else in the universe, deserve your love and respect. - Buddha

Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength. - Sigmund Freud

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. - Helen Keller

A man is the product of his thoughts - what he thinks, he becomes. Mahatma Gandhi

Ask, and it will be given you; Seek and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened for you. - Luke 11:9

God doesn't require us to succeed. He only requires that you try. - Mother Teresa
                              Kathy

Comment

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. - Winston Churchill

When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on. - Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says...I"ll try again tomorrow. - May Anne Radmacher-Hershey

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King.

We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are. - Max Degree
                                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X