Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“The soul usually knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” Unknown

“The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.” Unknown

“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I truly was.” Sade Andria Zabala

“This is my life…my story….my book. I will no longer let anyone else write it; nor will I apologize for the edits I make.” Steve Maraboli

“Freedom is being you without anyone’s permission.” Unknown
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

"You can't be everyone's cup of tea otherwise you'd be a mug!" Barb Schmidt
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

WHEN NOTHING GOES RIGHT ....
        GO LEFT. UNKNOWN

Comment

"Life is difficult. Get over it." - M. Scott Peck, opening sentence in his book 'The Road Less Traveled'.

Comment

This above all else: To thine own self be true

And it must follow, as the night follows the day, Thou canst not then be false to any other man.

~ William Shakespeare
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It's not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters.

Mother Teresa

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind.

Comment

Right now you're the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be.
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Some like tulips in the park
                  But I like two lips in the dark.

Got it from my mother
                  Can’t believe i put this
                  KOL
                  It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                    "When all else fails turn up the music and dance with your dog."
                    I just LOVE this!!! It will make its way into my journal of quotes.

Jen
                    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

"People are disturbed, not by things, but by the view they make of them" Epictetus (Greek philosopher - 2000 yrs ago!)

"The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but by learning to like what one has to do" Sai Baba

"Let the wind do some of your steering, 'cause it's gonna blow whether you like it or not" Rosellen Brown (from Half a Heart)

"Since everything is none other than exactly as it should be, one may well as break out in laughter" Long Chen Pa
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by riverlady5783 View Post
                        My favourite quote is from John Lennon and very appropriate for living with MS.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"
                        This is my favorite quote, too. It's from the song "Beautiful Boy" from the album he was working on the day he died. There was something about it that ran chills down my spine. He had such insight yet he was busy working on an album when his fate instantly changed.

I named my son after the beautiful boy.

Comment

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." Unknown

“Fear is the natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.” Pema Chodron

“When you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything.” Thich Nhat Hanh

“The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.” Thich Nhat Hanh

“The new midlife is where you realize that even your failures make you more beautiful and are turned spiritually into success if you became a better person because of them. You became a more humble person. You became a more merciful and compassionate person.” Marianne Williamson
                          Diagnosed 1984

Comment

“My mission in life is not merely to survive. But to thrive: and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” Maya Angelou

“This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” Maya Angelou
                            Diagnosed 1984

Comment

A Favorite of mine.............

The best and the most beautiful-things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart................

Helen Keller

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

Audrey Hepburn

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                              RRMS
                              Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

If what lies ahead scares you and what's behind hurts you, just stop and look within you. That's where you will find your strength, hope, peace and power to change your destiny, in the only time there ever is... Here & Now. -Unknown

Self-forgiveness cleanses the soul. - Muses from a mystic

Our strength is not, in holding onto what no longer serves us. It lies in the knowing of when to gracefully let go. – Sama Akbar

Ego says, “once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace. “Spirit says, “find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.” – Marianne Williamson

You either get bitter or you get better, it’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you. – Josh Shipp
                                Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X