Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must be a quote geek, I am in heaven. Do many good ones. I went to get my journal, and surprise, forgot I lent it to a neighbor undergoing chemo treatments. When I get it back, will be adding some of my favorites and updating my journal!

And Snoopy, how true that our favorites change with life. I can look at the journal in some cases and know what was going on in my life when I added them.

Hope they keep coming.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      I can look at the journal in some cases and know what was going on in my life when I added them.

Hope they keep coming.
      Yes, and especially for me the "chapters" of aging and MS progression.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I posted this elsewhere but I feel it needs to be part of this thread too.

"Intentions are like magnets. The more we declare them, believe in them and act in ways to manifest them the more powerful and real they become."
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          Thanks Seesha, Snoopy, ladybug, and Tawanda!

Some simple.👍
          Ok, a definite simple (but effective) one for us!

"Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

-Dori, Finding Nemo

Tawanda

Comment

Favourite quote

My favourite quote is from John Lennon and very appropriate for living with MS.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all, I love this topic and enjoy reading every single one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by riverlady5783 View Post
                My favourite quote is from John Lennon and very appropriate for living with MS.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"
                Along those same lines, a quote by race car driver Mario Andretti:

"If things seem under control. you aren't going fast enough."
                All the best, ~G

Comment

Two quotes by St. Therese:

"I reminded myself that sentiments of charity (love) were not enough; they must find expression."

"Often a single word, a friendly smile, is enough to give a depressed or lonely soul life."

And one by me:

An honest answer is like a warm hug.

Rolly

Comment

hi Guys here is a couple I often tell my kids

You won't know how good you could have done if you didn't try your best

I guess Im not young enough to know it all

Getting old sux but its better then the alternative

keep up the positives guys Craig

Comment

“Happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keoing

“Being must be felt. It can’t be thought.” Eckhart Tolle

“I AM. Two of the most powerful words…for what you put after them shapes your reality.”

“The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.” C. Joybell C.

“The core of all spiritual practice is simple. Be love, be peaceful and always hold close a compassionate heart.” April Peerless

“Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” Wayne Dyer

“A sense of humor gives us the ability to shift perspective and be flexible. And flexibility is the ability to not get bent out of shape.” Loretta LaRoche

“Truth is a force of transformation, which is why people fear the truth. Truth always causes change. There is no such thing as absorbing the power of a truth and having your life remain the same. You have to build up stamina to manage the power of truth.” Caroline Myss

“Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over she began to fly.”

“Perhaps the Butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness, yet become something beautiful.”

“Some women are lost in the fire and some are built from it.”
                      Diagnosed 1984
                      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

The only thing I knew about my mother...

is what my older sister told me. Apparently my mother lived by the motto:

DON'T JUDGE A PERSON UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.*

*My mom had lost her ability to speak by the time I came of age, so knowing that this was her mantra tells me a lot about her that I otherwise would not have known...thanks sis.
                        Tawanda

Comment

I just shared this in another thread and it's one of my favorites-

"It's time somebody told me that I am lovely, good, worthy and true and that my essence shines bright.
                          It's time somebody told me that my love is complete and that my strength and warmth uplift.
                          It's time somebody told me how much they want, love and need me, how much my spirit helps sets them free.
                          It's time someone told me that joy is in my smile and that my eyes fill the world with light.

It's time somebody told me. IT'S TIME FOR ME TO TELL ME!"

author unknown
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

One of my favorites...

I don't know where it came from.....
                            The best things in life aren't things.

( very short, but I think says a lot).
                            Tl-Tr3
                            DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

“Don't stoop to lower levels of behavior if others around you are. The only person you can control is yourself, not others. Choose integrity, love and wisdom and whoever doesn't get it, that is their problem, not yours. Don't give up the best of who you are to battle those who don't care... Don't give it up for anyone.” Unknown

“You are responsible for the energy you bring to this space.” Unknown
                              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                                is what my older sister told me. Apparently my mother lived by the motto:

DON'T JUDGE A PERSON UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.
                                My father (who also passed away at a young age) used to tell us one with "shoes" in it too.

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

Take Care
                                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                                X