This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    If you cannot do great things, do small things in great ways.~?

Seasha... maybe Mother Theresa (now Saint)...

"There are no great things. Only small things done with great love."

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      Seasha... maybe Mother Theresa (now Saint)...

"There are no great things. Only small things done with great love."
      Thanks for this - must be St. Theresa!

She was a small thing (person) doing small things with great love!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
        - Melody Beattie
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

"Freedom begins between the ears."

- Edward Abbey

Comment

We can't control everything....

Don't worry about what you can't control.

Our focus and energy needs to be on the things we CAN control.

Attitude, effort, focus - these are the things we can control.

-Tim Tebow
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."

~ Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."

~ Desmond Tutu
                ((Like))..
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.

A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

"And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

Max Ehrmann
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

This pandemic experience is a massive experiment in collective vulnerability.

We can be our worst selves when we’re afraid, or our very best, bravest selves. In the context of fear and vulnerability, there is often very little in between because when we are uncertain and afraid our default is self-protection.

We don’t have to be scary when we’re scared. Let’s choose awkward, brave, and kind. And let’s choose each other.

- Brene Brown
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                        This pandemic experience is a massive experiment in collective vulnerability.

We can be our worst selves when we’re afraid, or our very best, bravest selves. In the context of fear and vulnerability, there is often very little in between because when we are uncertain and afraid our default is self-protection.

We don’t have to be scary when we’re scared. Let’s choose awkward, brave, and kind. And let’s choose each other.

- Brene Brown
                        Very Good!

Thanks Mamabug!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                          Very Good!

Thanks Mamabug!
                          Second that! There have been some good additions the last couple of days. Hope they keep coming.
                          Kathy
                          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Adversity is something that all of us have to deal with.
                            Through the challenge of dealing with adversity, with hope and optimism and courage,
                            Spirit is rewarded with that.
                            And I think that's true with life.
                            Adversity makes you smart and strong.

~Jeffrey Katzenberg~

Good timber does not grow with ease.
                            The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.

~Thomas S Monson~

Comment

Something of sweetness and substance...

"We die. All of us — atoms to atoms, stardust to stardust, the mountain to the sea — you and I. The dual awareness of our improbable life and our inevitable death is what allows us to animate the interlude with love and beauty… It is what puts into perspective just how fleeting and vacant and self-embittering all of our angers and blames and resentments are in the end — what beckons us, instead, to leave something of sweetness and substance in the mouth of the world."

Maria Popova

Comment

"We learn from history that men never learn anything from history." -Hegel

Comment

Working...
                                X