This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought it was time to resurrect this thread

Tired of the negative words – she laid them down. Being finished with the weighted boots, she burned them. Touching a feather to her tears, she slipped on her wings, turned to her sky – and flew. ~ Terri St. Cloud

A negative mind will never give
    you a positive life. ~ Unknown

When your life suddenly changes forever, the only option is to live in the moment and value each step. ~ Unknown

You cannot make people happy in your way,
    You must let them be happy or unhappy in their own way. ~ Unknown

You have every right to stop…to sit down…to watch the beauties around you…to walk slow and feel the sun kiss your forehead, to feel the wind breathe on you…you have every right…to be… to do what you need to do that brings an ease to your heart. Take your time with you today. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Not today. Not anymore. ~ S.C. Lourie

When you live in complete acceptance of what is, that is the end of all drama in your life.
    ~ Eckert Tolle

The most adventurous journey to embark on;
    is the journey to yourself, the most exciting thing
    to discover; is who you really are, the most treasured
    pieces that you can find; are all the pieces of you, the
    most special portrait you can recognize; is the portrait
    of your soul. ~ C. JoyBell C

To find yourself in awe over the stars and moon
    during the night. To feel grateful after a walk in
    natures beauty. To be filled with joy by a bird’s
    beautiful song; is to be rooted firmly in the
    simple life, able to embrace the gifts that
    are there for each of us.
    ~April Peerless
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

All beautiful and filled with wisdom!

Thank you very much, SNOOPY.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Since it's almost Easter and since Saint John Paul II was sick for so long and yet lived with such dignity, I'm choosing his words today.

"Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song."

Comment

Thanks Snoopy for bringing back. Very topical quotes!

Walking today, I just let my iPod skip all over. So quite an ecclectic mix. One that came up, a not so deep song - a few lines:

In every life we have some trouble
          But when you worry you make it double. Don't worry, be happy.
          Bobby McFerrin
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

When things were hard
            and when it hurt,
            she closed her eyes -
            searching for the light inside.
            Slowly, it brightened enough
            for her to see it.
            Quietly, she felt it -
            touched it -
            held it,
            and steadily it warmed her
            and softened her once again.
            ~ Terri St. Cloud

It is in the quiet times that we build our strengths and know we have something to rely on. Solitude is not withdrawal into a place where no one and no sound can penetrate. It is a sweet moment of peace with or without other people that lets us re-center and reset the rhythm of the mind, body and spirit. It is wisdom to stay close to the solitude of nature to keep us young and pliable. ~ Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Time is sacred. Hug a little tighter. Tell someone you love them. Life is short and the blinks in time matter. Wishing you peace among the chaos, clarity in the confusion and perspective beyond the small annoyances. Most of all I wish the grace of love to lessen your pain, sustain you in hardship and wrap around you when you need it the most. Bodies get tired. Eventually they wither and die, but love, the sweet essence of love, remains. ~ Jody Doty

Sometimes life can be a royal pain. That's when you have to say the heck with it, tip your crown of humility to the lessons learned and find the hidden magic in the day like the queen of resilience that you are. ~ Jody Doty

So, I close my eyes to old ends and open my heart to new beginnings. ~ unknown
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
              - Charles S. Swindoll
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to it's original dimensions.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.” —Sonia Ricotti.
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

“Humans live on one-quarter of what they eat; on the other three-quarters lives their doctor.”

The author is unknown but it appears to be an idea first presented a couple thousand years ago in hieroglyphic texts, some say.

Comment

"It's not joy that makes us grateful; it's gratitude that makes us joyful."
                      - I heard it from Brene Brown, who attributed it to a Jesuit priest
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

It's Your Attitude Dude

90% of what you worry about never happens and you can't do anything about the other 10%

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today

Always drink upstream from the herd

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip

Comment

my neurodiversity

"In the real world I struggle to talk to people because my neurodiversity makes it difficult for me to think, listen, speak and process new information at the same time. But on the stage, I don't have to think. I prepare my thinks well in advance." @Hannahgadsby
                          #TED2019
                          All the best, ~G

Comment

The opposite of belonging ... is fitting in... Fitting in is assessing and acclimating... Belonging is belonging to yourself first. Speaking your truth, telling your story, and never betraying yourself for other people. True belonging doesn't require you to change who you are. It requires you to be who you are.
                            - Brene Brown
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

If it was grown on a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, leave it on the shelf.
                              - The Daniel Plan
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

This isn't actually a quote, but a poem.

All Will Be Well

Think of---

Stepping on shore, and finding it Heaven!

of taking hold of a hand, and finding it God’s hand,

of breathing new air, and finding it celestial air,

of feeling invigorated, and finding it immortality,

of passing from storm and tempest to an unbroken calm,

of waking up, and finding it Home.

---Author unknown, edited by Lyn Klug
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X