Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't save up love like you're trying to retire on it. Give it away like you're made of it.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

"You were on my mind today, so I thought I'd send a hug your way".
      - from a Snoopy meme
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Some excellent advice for our online lives. 🙂

“Don’t feed the drama monster. It’s insatiable and has no friends.” ― Donna Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
          Some excellent advice for our online lives. 🙂

“Don’t feed the drama monster. It’s insatiable and has no friends.” ― Donna Goddard
          Speaking of friends...

"If you have great relationships, there’s virtually nothing that can defeat you, or even discourage you... Frank Crane once wrote, having a close friend 'doubles every joy and halves every defeat'.”

Another quote to share... “The world gives to the givers and takes from the takers.” -Adam Grant

Comment

(Photo of phone with dead battery)
            You wouldn't let this happen to your phone. Don't let it happen to you either. Self care is a priority, not a luxury.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seus
              LOL, this is what I have in my tagline LOL
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

"Nothing is impossible, even the word itself says 'I'm possible'"
                Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993)
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by choco View Post
                  "Nothing is impossible, even the word itself says 'I'm possible'"
                  Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993)
                  Love this one! Thanks.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Favorite quote

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

John A. Shedd

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

John A. Shedd
                      Good point. Sometimes we need to risk adventure. :-)
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Your body is woven from the light of Heaven. ~ Rumi

"Something very beautiful happens to people when their world has fallen apart: a humility, a nobility, a higher intelligence emerges at just the point when our knees hit the floor. Perhaps, in a way, that's where humanity is now: about to discover we're not as smart as we thought we were, will be forced by life to surrender our attacks and defenses which avail us of nothing, and finally break through into the collective beauty of who we really are" ~ Marianne Williamson

When you truly heal, your history becomes the story that sets you free. ~ Unknown

By the water, in the arms of nature, my soul is recharged. Thank you Divine Creator for peaceful places that calm my being and remind me there is always more to life than this body and circumstance. ~ Jody Doty

Soul Survivor
                        It was in that riptide of pain, drowning in an ocean of fear and isolation, and going under one last time, that she finally saw her light, prayed to God for a life preserver, grabbed on tight, and swam for the salvation of her soul. ~ Jody Doty

With an open mind I gratefully Let Go of Everything that Isn't serving my purpose any longer and I invite all that there is into my life that makes me expand my awareness and makes me grow. ~ Unknown

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as
                        difficult as spending our lives running from
                        it . Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky
                        but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love
                        and belonging and joy - the experiences that
                        make us most vulnerable. Only when we are
                        brave enough to explore the darkness
                        will we discover the infinite
                        power of our light” ~ Brene Brown

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do. I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering. ~ Caroline Myss
                        Diagnosed 1984
                        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you SNOOPY - these quotes are perfect meditation material, and also good for bringing about the relaxation response for peace and calm.
                          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Be soft.
                              Do not let the world make you hard.
                              Do not let pain make you hate.
                              Do not bitterness steal your sweetness.
                              ~ Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

If you cannot do great things, do small things in great ways.
                              ~?

You are not your struggles.
                              You are the survivor who keeps moving forward in spite of them.
                              ~Lori Deschene

What's broken can be mended.
                              What hurts can be healed.
                              And no matter how dark it gets,
                              the sun is going to rise again.
                              ~?
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sometimes we are asked to have faith, to take the step presented us. To trust the mystery and allow the path to unfold. Listen to the call of your soul, it knows the way… ~ Julie Parker
                                Diagnosed 1984
                                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
                                X