This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please share a favorite quote

A response in another forum mde me think it would be great to share any favorite quote(s) you may have. Hope others share!

I keep a journal of them, constantly adding to them. When I need comfort, inspiration, motivation, or other, I take it out.

Here is one that I use to remind myself I have a lot of control over the type of life I live. It really helps me when I need an attitude adjustment.

Dennis P. Kimbro - "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it."
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    A response in another forum mde me think it would be great to share any favorite quote(s) you may have. Hope others share!

I keep a journal of them, constantly adding to them. When I need comfort, inspiration, motivation, or other, I take it out.

Here is one that I use to remind myself I have a lot of control over the type of life I live. It really helps me when I need an attitude adjustment.

Dennis P. Kimbro - "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it."
    Thanks for the thread, Kathy.

Here is one of many favorites:

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence. And I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." ~ Helen Keller

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seus

Comment

Love the variety already. Hellen Keller to Dr. Seuss - both brilliant!
        Kathy

Comment

I like your quote PennStater! Thank you for fixing Dr Seus(s). 🙂

Comment

I have a whole journal of fav quotes and saying!

"Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"? Mary Oliver

"All the darkness in the world is not enough to put out the light of a single candle" ??

"The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes had no tears" North American proverb

"An attitude with gratitude is like a prayer in action"

All for now - dinner time!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought."

"Until you change what's happening within, you will never change what's happening around you. For change to begin...you must look within."

"Sometimes you need to look at life from a different perspective."

"Laughter is like a windshield wiper, it doesn't stop the rain but allows us to keep going."

"This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass."

"Don't be afraid to be open minded. Your brain isn't going to fall out."

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it had gone through to achieve that beauty." Maya Angelou

"Life is better when you are laughing."

"You had the power all along, my dear." Glinda The Good Witch LOL

"Take a deep breath. Smile. Look around. Life is beautiful! Life is..."

"Somewhere deep within yourself you will meet your worst enemy and find your greatest power."
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I thought I would share a few more. All of what I am posting has been part of the transformation I have experienced.

"True beauty is a ray that springs from the sacred depths of the soul and illuminates the body." Rumi

"You will be amazed at how things fall magically into place once you let go of the illusion of control."

"When you step out of your mind and move into your soul, you open the door to your spirit. You open the door to magic."

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path."

"You yourself are your own obstacle...Rise above yourself." Hafiz

"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

"When all else fails turn up the music and dance with your dog."

"A grateful heart sees through the eyes of the soul."
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I’m in ❤️ with this thread! Here are a few of my favorites...

“Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow.” -Vincent Van Gogh

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” —Edgar Allen Poe.

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” -Rabindranath Tagore

"You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place. Like you'll not only miss the people you love, but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again." - Azar Nafasi

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” —Buddha

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” -Dr. Robert Schuller

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

“If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap. If you want happiness for a day – go fishing. If you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a life time – help someone else.” – Chinese proverb

There are so many more quotes that I love, but will have to come back to this later. Bedtime for me!

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
                  ― Helen Keller

Comment

If you can't fly, run.
                    If you can't run, walk.
                    If you can't walk, crawl...
                    but by all means, KEEP MOVING!

-Martin Luther King
                    Tawanda

Comment

Thanks Seesha, Snoopy, ladybug, and Tawanda!

Some simple, some deep, and in between. Always looking for new quotes to add to my journal and have found a few.

Hope they keep coming.👍
                      Kathy

Comment

Hi pennstater,

After all thats been said in many threads lately, this thread is welcome.

And with that fresh in my mind:

"We are our choices." - Jean-Paul Sartre

Jer

Oh! ...and the classic (also from Dr. Seuss BTW)....

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Comment

"There are two core fears: Losing what you have and not getting what you want. There is one solution: falling in love where you are." Jeff Foster

"Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving; we just get stronger and more resilient." Steve Maraboli

"Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it." Ann Landers

"Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know." Pema Chodron (when the same issues/problems keep coming up that means we have not learned what we need to. Once we "get it" the issue/problem goes away and does not keep cycling back).
                          Diagnosed 1984

Comment

I'm loving these and also plan to add many to my journal!

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom" Marcel Proust

"I am one, but I am only One. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I will" Helen Keller

"To do carefully and constantly and kindly little things is not a little thing" Anon

"Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way" Anon

"To dream of the person you wish to be us to waste the person you are" Anon
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

pennstater, your thread was such a good idea...thank you I live in a very different state of mind than even a year ago. The quotes I and others are posting is so much part of my "real life" and it feels good to share this with others.

“Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” Marianne Williamson
                              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X