Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previous Lemtrada treatments and now Ocrevus treatments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous Lemtrada treatments and now Ocrevus treatments?

Has anyone had Lemtrada treatments in the past and now Ocrevus treatments?

I had my Neuro routine follow-up appt and he is recommending the possibility of Ocrevus and thinks it could help me based on my current state.

FYI My Lemtrada treatments under his recommendation:
    July 2015 year1 5 dose treatment
    July 2016 year2 3 dose treatment

Hi pb909 Im in the same boat as yourself but I had my last lemtrada treatment "October 2017" not sure how long ill have to wait before I start Ocrevus or if I will but I will what others have to say Craig

Comment

I thought one could take a third Lemtrada dose, no? What about Lemtrada made it a "fail"? Is there worry that your immune system is compromised and Ocrevus could diminish it even farther?

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
        I thought one could take a third Lemtrada dose, no? What about Lemtrada made it a "fail"? Is there worry that your immune system is compromised and Ocrevus could diminish it even farther?
        He didn't say anything about a third Lemtrada dose but thinks Ocrevus could help to slow my disability progression due to how it targets cell types (T vs B). He also sees from my monthly lab results Lemtrada is doing what it should even though my progression doesn't seem to be slowing at a desirable rate to me.

I'm still trying to research and understand all this.

Comment

Recently had my next Neuro follow-up and he still recommends Ocrevus - I'm going to give it a try. He thinks it is the best option to slow my disability progression since Lemtrada does not seem to be.

He says we can do the first initial treatments then the second at 6 months and see where we are at. My insurance has approved it.

Comment

It's normal for a neurologist to order Rituximab or Ocrelizumab after lemtrada for breakthrough activity. Hopefully, Ocrelizumab will be able to stabilize your MS. I started Rituximab 3 years ago and have been stable since.

Please keep us updated.

I wish you well.

Comment

Thanks Marco,
              and I will post updates.

Comment

Working...
              X