Exercise Check-In for 08/02/18

6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED: koko, msg, susie
    3 made goals
    1 made a partial goal
    GOALS MISSED: seasha,
    1 missed goal, but grandchildren are a good reason
    Other:
    Welcome to 1 new (and very active!) member. Although the post says that a few goals were missed, it sounds like reasonable goals are still being set.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made one goal

Thurs - 2332 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 1417 steps
    Sat - 1479 steps
    Sun - 1232 steps
    Mon - 1879 steps
    Tues - 3194 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 2805 steps; recumbent bike at Wellness Center

Total = 14,338 = 2,048 average

I'm still more focused on sticking to my functional medicine diet than I am to success at my exercise goals. But, due to a busy day on Tuesday, those extra steps helped me to meet my step goal. I met my other exercise goal 75% (3 days instead of 4).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Thu 5072 (started laundry,oil change and errands)
      Fri 8181 (shopping and continued laundry)
      Sat 8693 (finished laundry and tried to 'catch up' on house chores)
      Sun 5498
      Mon 6918 (errands and got chicken feed/ put it in bins)
      Tue 5202
      Wed 5918

I managed to walk over 5000 steps 7 of 7 days this week and averaged 6497 steps/day. I was concerned on a couple of days that I wouldn't make my daily step goal, but I did (barely). I will keep same goals for next week.

Mamabug - Good job meeting a goal and 3/4 of the other goal ! It IS difficult to concentrate on too many things at once, and you new diet certainly requires a lot of concentration. Hopefully the longer that you are on it the more it will become 2nd nature to you, and you can get back to your exercise goals.

Hope that everyone had a fantastic week!

Comment

Good job, Mamabug and msgijo! I did not set goals for the past week with family here, but will set for the next week. They are leaving tomorrow and I have lots of cleaning and putting my house back in order! I'll try for 3 days, as I am utterly exhausted from all the activities!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goal!

Good job everyone!

Made my goal! It was a little bit of everything! To tired to write all down.

My total steps was 26,082 and the average 3726.

Have a great weekend and keep up the good work.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Goals are:
            10k steps a day- Missed
            45 active minutes a day- Missed
            10 flights a day- Missed

Thurs - 18,147 Steps, 83 active minutes, 11 flights
            Fri - 18,416 Steps, 113 active minutes, 3 flights
            Sat - 15,926 Steps, 61 active minutes, 5 flights
            Sun - 23,866 Steps, 136 active minutes, 8 flights
            Mon - 7,062 Steps, 13 active minutes, 1 flight
            Tues - 15,083 Steps, 71 active minutes, 4 flights
            Wed - 17,507 Steps, 76 active minutes, 16 flights

total steps: 116,007, 553 active minutes (9.22 hours)

Mondays continue to be a challenge for meeting my step goal so I need to figure out how to improve that. I trained BJJ on Monday so the 13 active minutes is not accurate. Can't wear fitbit while training.

I'm really trying to elevate my heart rate during the day and lower my resting heart rate. My daily resting average is between 49-51. I don't really have a goal as I don't know enough about resting heart rate or even how I can make it better so more to come.

My goal is to get 10 flights of stairs in a day so I just have to incorporate that into my daily routine.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Had a much better week, and made goals.

Up on feet and active 4X a day (every day) @ 30 min each + 5 walks during the week @ 30 min each + daily stretches. As most of you know, I need full support of the rollator when up on my feet.

I found that, during my walks, I do better when I take steps and then pause for several seconds, take some more steps then pause for several seconds, and on and on.

That gives my uncooperative nerve signals time to catch up!

Boudreaux ~ stair climbing is excellent exercise! What is BJJ (if I may ask)?

Susie ~ fantastic stepping!

msgijo ~ terrific exercising as you sure did a lot of errands and stepping!

Seasha ~ getting the house cleaned and in order is a very good goal for the week!

Mamabug ~ great job on your steps and 75% goal!

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
                  Thanks - now that I think of it, you may have mentioned it before.

Years ago I got my white belt in American Karate. It was good exercise and fun too.

I was too busy to keep going with the training at that time, unfortunately.
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                    Thanks - now that I think of it, you may have mentioned it before.

Years ago I got my white belt in American Karate. It was good exercise and fun too.

I was too busy to keep going with the training at that time, unfortunately.
                    Time is a precious commodity. I am hooked on Jiu Jitsu now and couldnt honestly see myself not practicing it. I was not as active before I started and I haven't felt this good since I don't know when. If you are able you should try it out. All on the ground, so balance isnt an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                      If you are able you should try it out. All on the ground, so balance isnt an issue.
                      Boudreaux ~ thanks for the laugh. I would be quite the sight to see, attempting to do Jiu Jitsu.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X