Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/2/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/2/18

Hi Everyone. Can you believe it is August already? I am stunned. I am trying my best to adapt to my new environment but its not easy despite my family being wonderful to me. I’m now living in my home state but everything seems so different to me. I hope I don’t blow up like a balloon with the stress. I am now so unsteady on my feet that it is hard to weigh. I have to put my fingertips on the table and hope I’m not affecting the accuracy.

The good news is that I seem to have lost a couple of pounds and now weigh 118. I am almost off steroids so that has likely caused some loss. I will try my best to lose at least half a pound but it will be a challenge with my daughter-in-laws excellent cooking.

Agate, so sorry ro miss you this week and hope everything is o.k.

Mamabug, good loss. It sounds like your new plan is working wonderfully. I know you will be where you want to be soon. Thank you for your information and encouragement. They truly help.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you and hope all is well in your busy life.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain and if it is the meds hope things will level off. It sounds like the side effects are rough. Thank you for the encouragement. My DIL makes fabulous salads which I am sure will help my food choices.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to the Editors of Eat This, Not That:

Losing weight can seem overwhelming—you have to figure out how to eat healthily and fuel your body properly, plan an exercise regimen that works for you, get plenty of sleep, and ultimately make hundreds of choices each day that will either bring you closer to your goal or throw you completely off track.

But if navigating these choices seems confusing, that’s where Eat This, Not That! comes in. What really works are making little lifestyle tweaks, simple moves that help you slash calories, boost nutrition and build a healthy foundation. We’ve gathered up some of the easiest, most effective new tricks and tactics to help you shed those unwanted pounds and slim down for good.

Put this plan into play and you won’t need any goofy new fads—just new pants. And if you want healthy recipes, supermarket shopping guides, and essential nutrition tips at your fingertips subscribe to the new Eat This, Not That! magazine now! For a limited time, you can save 50 percent off the cover price—get it here!

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.2pounds by two members. Congratulations on a fine loss. May we all end up in this column next week.

Total Gain:

2.8 pounds by one member. Admitting the truth is the best medicine. May you all avoid this column in the following week.

Stayed The Same:

0members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses. I believe this is the most Stayed the Same at one time.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 2.6 lbs

Recent weights:
    08/02/18: 131.6 lbs
    07/26/18: 134.0 lbs
    07/19/18: 135.2 lbs
    07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

The restrictive diet that I'm on is not for weight loss. It is to help my MS. I am not, ever, going hungry. I'm thrilled that I'm losing weight, because I've been wanting to get down to the 122 lb area for awhile. But, I'm not currently even having to try. No wheat-no dairy-no added sugar seems to be a winner for weight loss.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

YAY ME! I lost 4.2 pounds.

7/26 125.8
      8/2 121.6

Lest anyone think that I was on a super strict diet - or had a 'tummy tuck' - let me give full disclosure. I cut down on the thyroid meds to 1 /day, and when the headaches continued to be a problem I stopped taking it (well for a couple of days). My weight plummeted. Headaches went away. I felt good! UNTIL - Monday night I remembered why I had been so anxious about starting on some meds - I couldn't sleep. No matter what I tried I simply could not get to sleep. So I took another pill on Tuesday, and although I am still fighting the headaches I am able to sleep. As we can see the weight was definitely affected by the thyroid medicine. Now to find that perfect medium where I don't have headaches and can sleep at night ...

Mamabug - Great loss ! I suspect that you will be in the 120's next weigh in . Keep up the good work. Is there a maintenance plan for your diet, or are you on The diet?

ShrinkKaren - Great loss ! I am happy to hear that you are starting to settle in. I had to chuckle at your comment "I’m now living in my home state but everything seems so different to me." because every time I go to town I feel the same way - and I have lived here all of my life! I think it is called progress .

Hope that we all have a losing week .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
        Mamabug - Great loss ! I suspect that you will be in the 120's next weigh in . Keep up the good work. Is there a maintenance plan for your diet, or are you on The diet?
        Yeah; I kind of think I'm on "The diet". I will still want to observe what, if any, changes no-wheat, no-dairy, no-sugar makes to my health. If it improves my MS or halts it's progress, I expect I will stay on it for life.

The other specific current restrictions ( fruits, veg, grains, legumes, nuts, etc) will likely change over time when I'm retested.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry I've been missing. A couple of long spells of hot weather here have slowed me down.

For a few days my weight was at 118. I should have logged in here then and reported it because it's back up at 119-120 now.

Congratulations to everyone who has been losing.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X