MD Opinions on Various MS Symptom Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD Opinions on Various MS Symptom Drugs

I found this video by DR Aaron Boster somewhat informative as it contains some ideas on popular medications known to many MS patients. Thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbcs8rU_3So
    God Bless

Rob

Originally posted by ppmsichshize View Post
    I found this video by DR Aaron Boster somewhat informative as it contains some ideas on popular medications known to many MS patients. Thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbcs8rU_3So
    God Bless

Rob
    Thanks for the info Rob.

Dr. Boster is very easy to listen to, and seems to be genuinely interested in helping persons with MS. I put his youtube page in my favorites. He has made a lot of videos that I look forward to viewing.

He mentions "motor fatigue" and explains that when the body heats up from exercise, our nerves short circuit.

I looked up the definition on the National MS Society website, and found this explanation of motor fatigue in their brochure about the different types of MS fatigue:

Motor fatigue: A type of fatigue that occurs in muscles (most often in the legs or arms) that are not receiving adequate nerve impulses due to demyelination. These muscles may tire quickly with repeated use causing feelings of extreme weakness, and recover following a period of rest.

That's explains precisely the type of fatigue that I have (and the only type that I have at this time, thankfully). I don't hear the term "motor fatigue" used very often, but I will be sure to use it from now on, as there are several other different types of MS fatigue.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

"Motor fatigue" -- I also like that term, and hadn't heard it before. In my case, I don't think it is connected with heat sensitivity, but I might still use the term as I define it for myself.

I've used the term "MS fatigue" to describe when I'm so exhausted that I can't do anything but rest in the recliner with me eyes closed. That's different than motor fatigue, and different than Tired-I- need- sleep fatigue."

And cog-fog is cognitive fatigue. It's useful to have terminology for those symptoms of MS.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X