GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals
    1 made a partial goal
    GOALS MISSED:
    -
    Other:
    -

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made a partial goal

Thurs - 2257 steps; walking at conference
    Fri - 2015 steps; walking at conference
    Sat - 1313 steps
    Sun - 1390 steps
    Mon - 1497 steps; YouTube chair exercises
    Tues - 1523 steps
    Wed - 2503 steps; recumbent bike at Wellness Center

Total = 12,498 = 1,785 average

Made exercise goal; did not make steps goal.

I attended a conference W-F last week, and I'm counting my days at the conference as exercise (Th and F). The hotel building was attached to the conference building but it was a long walk. I made sure that I only had to walk it, there and back one time each day. When I was tired, I either crashed in a chair at the conference or left early at the end of the day so that I wouldn't have to walk it more often.
    My activity tracker showed that it was 400 steps. That's about the equivalent of 4 blocks. I usually can't walk more than a block or two. I managed by taking lots of sitting breaks; there were plenty of chairs along the way.

Same goal next week.
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

However, I'm focusing pretty much on dietary restrictions right now. I've been describing, on another thread about the Functional Medicine doctor I've been seeing and it takes a lot of commitment and focus to comply with everything he recommends. I'll continue to try to meet the same exercise goal, but I plan to give myself grace if I don't succeed at meeting it.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      However, I'm focusing pretty much on dietary restrictions right now. I've been describing, on another thread about the Functional Medicine doctor I've been seeing and it takes a lot of commitment and focus to comply with everything he recommends. I'll continue to try to meet the same exercise goal, but I plan to give myself grace if I don't succeed at meeting it.
      Good for you for listening to what's more important at this time! The exercising is something you can concentrate on again after you get the diet down,

I started the week out great getting ready for company, but didn't make my goal as you can see in my post called "The Art of Letting go". Everyone pitched in and even took over the tending and harvesting in the garden. So, for this week and the next, I'm taking it easy (and loving it) and not setting a goal for next week.

REG - hope you are feeling better these days and hoping too that you will come back when it's appropriate. You are missed
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

I had two days of good, easier-than-usual walking. I really needed them too, as I began wondering if I had been experiencing an acceleration of progression, rather than weather related movement issues.

In any case, I made goal ~ up and active for 30 min / 4X a day, every day ~ 5 walks during the week at 30 min each ~ daily stretches.

Mamabug good job on your partial goal and good luck with your new diet!

Seasha enjoy your taking-it-easy time! After the busy summer that you've had, it's time for some relaxation.

Wishing everyone good energy this week, no matter what you do or don't do!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goal. I managed to get my Garmin reset, and had not even lost any data (so yes I did make my goals last week ).

Thu 5777
          Fri 6240 (1 hour volunteer work)
          Sat 10315 (Main volunteer day)
          Sun 6394
          Mon 5734 ( 3 hours Volunteer work)
          Tue 6875 (yard work)
          Wed 7049 (laundry & media room)

Walked over 5000 steps all 7 days and averaged 6912 steps/day .

It has been hot and humid (with high dew points) most days and this pattern is expected to continue for at least the next week . AND I stated on thyroid meds (finally after a year!) which is causing headaches and although I am sleeping better I am still tired and sleepy most all day - Heat maybe?

I will continue the same goal next week - At least 5000 steps on 5 or more days or average greater than 5000 steps/day for the week.

KoKo - Great job ! Although I have not been told that I have 'graduated' to SP I feel that I have. But, unlike you, I can still hold on to the hope that my bad spells are not an indication that I am progressing, but rather that they are in fact just bad spells that will get better. I am glad to hear that you had a couple of 'easier-than-usual' days to reassure you. I hope that this week will be better for you!

Seasha - Great decision ! I think that we all deserve some take it easy time, and this sounds like the perfect time for you to take it. Family around to take care of everything so that you don't get behind and grandchildren there to play with - yep a perfect time to just be Grandmother for a while. (Even though I am sure that you will be getting in more moves than you realize with kids around .

Mamabug - Great job on partial goal ! And you came close to the step goal . Have you noticed more energy on your diet? I looked at what you are eating - or rather what you are not eating - and hope that I never have to follow that plan! I hope that it helps you, but I don't believe that I could follow it and still get enough nutritional requirements for my diabetic diet.

Reg - I hope that you are feeling better . You are missed!

Wishing everybody a great week! And don't forget to stay hydrated!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
            Made goal. I managed to get my Garmin reset, and had not even lost any data (so yes I did make my goals last week ).
            Yay msgijo ~ way to go! Congrats on your goal this week too.

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
            It has been hot and humid (with high dew points) most days and this pattern is expected to continue for at least the next week . AND I stated on thyroid meds (finally after a year!) which is causing headaches and although I am sleeping better I am still tired and sleepy most all day - Heat maybe?
            Darn ~ I was hoping your neck of the woods would have a break in the weather too. NW Ohio is getting a nice cool down for a week, starting tomorrow ~ highs only in the 70's!

Maybe your area will be next, hopefully!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'll play....

Thursday: 15785 steps
              Friday: 13971
              Saturday: 12706
              Sunday: 21089
              Monday: 9049
              Tuesday: 22460
              Wednesday: 19746

I made my step count (10k) everyday except Monday. I try towalk for 20 minutes every morning and then another 20 during my lunch break. I also will walk with my wife for 30 minutes in the evening whenever I get the chance. I missed a few other goals but i havent really set reasonable levels yet so I need to focus on that. I try to train bjj twice a week and always stop a few times during the day to crank out some pushups or pullups. I'll keep it going as long as I can.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                I'll play....

Thursday: 15785 steps
                Friday: 13971
                Saturday: 12706
                Sunday: 21089
                Monday: 9049
                Tuesday: 22460
                Wednesday: 19746

I made my step count (10k) everyday except Monday. I try towalk for 20 minutes every morning and then another 20 during my lunch break. I also will walk with my wife for 30 minutes in the evening whenever I get the chance. I missed a few other goals but i havent really set reasonable levels yet so I need to focus on that. I try to train bjj twice a week and always stop a few times during the day to crank out some pushups or pullups. I'll keep it going as long as I can.
                Boudreaux ~ you did fantastic!

Glad to have you here!

Comment

Welcome Boudreaux!
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Made Goal!

Hi There,

Sorry for the late post but it's been busy. These steps include cleaning, walking and exercise.
                    You all did so well whether it was partial or full. Welcome to our newcomer. We all really try hard at our individual pace. Well, here's my week.

Thurs-2688
                    Fri-4827
                    Sat-6157
                    Sun-2311
                    Mon-2705
                    Tues-1921
                    Weds-2015

Total=22,624
                    Average=3232

Good luck for the next week and enjoy your weekend.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS
                    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
                      Hi There,

Sorry for the late post but it's been busy. These steps include cleaning, walking and exercise.
                      You all did so well whether it was partial or full. Welcome to our newcomer. We all really try hard at our individual pace. Well, here's my week.

Thurs-2688
                      Fri-4827
                      Sat-6157
                      Sun-2311
                      Mon-2705
                      Tues-1921
                      Weds-2015

Total=22,624
                      Average=3232

Good luck for the next week and enjoy your weekend.

Susie
                      Hi Susie

Happy for you that you were able to make goal!

Cleaning is certainly exercise, all by itself!

Comment

Wow! Glad everyone is having a good week. We give what we can, when we can.
                        Welcome Boudreaux! Excellent work!
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.
                          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                          X