MS Fatigue med??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Fatigue med??????

Hi there. I was diagnosed 8 years this September. My main symptoms are extreme fatigue and migraines with a hint of optic neuritis on occasion plus bladder issues. The fatigue is my big issue. I tend to feel normal and do errands then clearly I did too much and feel like I went from 90% to 1% energy in 2 minutes. I try to just do the bare minimum errand wise and try not to over do it but its hard. My doctor gave me a script for Adderall but I was uncomfortable with taking that on a daily basis. I already don't sleep well due to the bladder issues being worse at night time. I found on another blog a med called Advanced Ambrotose made by Mannatech. Got it off Amazon recently, and just started it today. Worst cade it does nothing but if I could even just have a little more energy that would be great.

My question is, has anyone tried this med before? What was your experience with it? Did it help with any of your symptoms? Did it help with fatigue at all??

Thanks for the help!!!!

Adderall

Hi,I took adderall my last 2 years of work.It helped me a lot,was taking 30mg twice daily.I am thinking of starting a lower dose now,maybe 10mg.This fatigue is something.Never heard of the other med.Good luck. Dave

Comment

Hi ttmont416.

Were you aware that Mannatech is multi-level marketing Company?

They have been reprimanded by the FDA:
      https://www.fda.gov/iceci/enforcemen.../ucm585515.htm

My doctor gave me a script for Adderall but I was uncomfortable with taking that on a daily basis. I already don't sleep well due to the bladder issues being worse at night time.
      Your Dr. can prescribe short acting Adderall so you can see how it makes you feel. It's possible to take a small dose a few times a day and it won't keep you awake at night. All of the medications prescribed for MS fatigue does come with side effects, some serious. In my opinion it would be better to try treatments that is prescribed by your Dr. than spending a small fortune on something a Multi-level marketing company puts out.

Dealing with MS fatigue is not easy. Sometimes the medications help, sometimes they don't and some are unable to use them. Non-medication options are rest/sleep, and exercise. There is a supplement that some have tried, unfortunately I don't remember the name, maybe someone else will.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I would make sure your neuro knows of any supplement you take. In some cases, they can have risks, or interact with prescriptions, so the worse case is more than just not alleviating symptoms.

I was on amantadine and provigil, which the latter worked for years. Discussed Adderall, but have been trying to manage it with rest, exercise, and healthy eating. Exercise makes the most difference.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My neuro said to just try B12.

I was skeptical but 2500 mcg around noon usually gets me through the day. Bad days I might take as early as 10 AM then a second around 2-3 but that is rare. I take the sublingual tabs you can get at walmart for like 6 bucks for 60 (give or take) the nice thing with those is it is almost instant so you can hold off on taking it till you really need it.

Lately I have been having more 2 pill days than I would l like but it is almost impossible to OD on B-12 so as long as it does the trick I'll stick with that rather than add another script.
          Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
          X