Flushing, breathing issues, insomnia, feeling of doom - what fun :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushing, breathing issues, insomnia, feeling of doom - what fun :(

Took the first 240 mg capsule last night (did the 120 mg 2x day for the first week) - I did not enjoy the side effects! I was on Tec prior from Dec '13 to Nov '15 and didn't have side effects this bad. Before I did have some flushing on my face/neck area that wasn't too horrible..

Last night was different. My arms and legs flushed, had a little bit of a hard time breathing when I lay down in my bed and woke 2 hours earlier than usual with a "bad" feeling...like a feeling of doom that I've had whenever I've eating something I'm allergic to.

Well, don't know where I was going with this post-- I guess just wanted to share my experience. I didn't take a dose this morning as I was feeling a bit sick.

Meals

Originally posted by VikingKitty View Post
    Took the first 240 mg capsule last night (did the 120 mg 2x day for the first week) - I did not enjoy the side effects! I was on Tec prior from Dec '13 to Nov '15 and didn't have side effects this bad. Before I did have some flushing on my face/neck area that wasn't too horrible..

Last night was different. My arms and legs flushed, had a little bit of a hard time breathing when I lay down in my bed and woke 2 hours earlier than usual with a "bad" feeling...like a feeling of doom that I've had whenever I've eating something I'm allergic to.

Well, don't know where I was going with this post-- I guess just wanted to share my experience. I didn't take a dose this morning as I was feeling a bit sick.
    do you take tecfidera around meals, with a decent amount of protein and fats?

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
      do you take tecfidera around meals, with a decent amount of protein and fats?
      I sure do - every time. I eat 3 healthy, balanced meals every day and 3 snacks in between also. My meals are balanced (protein, carbs, fats)
      Actually, I'm through my first week and the flushing has just about vanished. Thankfully I'm only getting the occasional minor cough a few hours in and the running nose just a bit....so overall, I've weathered the Tec restart!

I only skipped one pill out of 14 for the week.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm sure others will benefit when reading it.

Comment

Working...
      X