Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/19/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/19/18

Hi Everyone. I am home again but only for a few days when I move to my youngest son’s residence in Idaho. I have mixed feelings about it. I hope settling down will help me to get a grip on my eating behavior. I have been making poor choices and eating too much. I must get a grip. I am a prime example of how major life changes can upset the applecart.

I forgot to weigh this morning so will weigh tomorrow morning.

Agate, good for you. You are once again in the teens. Thank you for your well wishes. I am feeling quite lost. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, once again, thank you so much for starting things in my absence. Good for you for your loss. Remember every little bit counts.. Best wishes.

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain but I’m glad it was small. I am pulling for you to see a loss this week. Thank you for the excellent points you made regarding my time of transition. I really appreciate your perspective. I’m sure your daughter had a happy birthday. Keep fighting the good fight..

Msgijo, sorry to miss you this week and hope you are well.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to Jillian Michaels:

Swear off fad diets

You know the kind, says Jillian: "Everyone's like: 'Give up carbs!' 'Give up fat!' 'Wait, no, now I'm taking pills!' None of them are manageable long-term—and they wreak havoc with your metabolism! Because you're either starving yourself or you're cutting out a major food group. Then you go back into weight-gain mode, but it's even worse, because your body has adjusted to all that crazy fad crap."

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.2 pounds by two members. Good going. It does us all good to read of the success of others. Thanks for being good role models.

Total Gain:

.4 pounds by one member. Do not despair over such a small gain. It is good for us to be reminded that it does happen to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses. I believe this is the most Stayed the Same at one time.

4111.0 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Did not make my goal

Not only did I not lose this week but rather gained 5 pounds so weigh 122.5 pounds. I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Comment

Lost 3.6 pounds .

7/6 126.6
      7/19 123.0

The week off helped my numbers look good .

Bad news/good? news. I saw my endocrinologist's PA yesterday (was to be my last visit, but I don't have a new one lined up yet). She surprised me by declaring as soon as she walked into the room that she thought it was time to start actually treating me. I was like I thought that a year ago . She started me on some meds but warned that my weight may increase. I started them today, so we will see what happens. I am still looking forward to a different Endo.

Karen - I am sorry to hear of your gain. But being in such a state of flux is bound to wreck havoc with your body. Expect the best possible outcome and just chill while the moving and settling in is going on. Concentrate on your stress levels instead of your weight and it will all come together soon.
      Wishing you the best!

Hope everyone has a great week.

Comment

Lost 1.0 lbs

Recent weights:
        07/12/18: 136.2 lbs
        07/19/18: 135.2 lbs

My small loss during vacation on my last post (instead of a gain), and my loss this week are likely due to the diet restrictions that my functional med doc is putting me on. Maybe I'll finally lose this excess weight and get down closer to where I want to be. My goal has been around 122 lbs, but I'd be happy with even less weight loss than that.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 119 but I like seeing it in the teens and hope it will stay there, maybe even get down to 112 or a bit less.

Karen, maybe you have already made your big move? I hope it goes well. There's nothing like moving to make sticking to a diet a problem.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

down .6 lbs from 221.3 to 220.7. Realized last week I had a math error and I had been up 1.4 lbs. oops.

Too much going on right now to write much, I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X