Power Wheelchair Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband received a very nice Permobil F3 power chair a few months ago. Fortunately, Medicare paid for the bulk of the cost. The "sticker" price was $71K!

We need to insure the power chair, but the insurance agent we have been working with has not been successful in obtaining a rider to cover it. We are prepared to take out an individual policy for the power chair. I was wondering if any of you know of companies which provide insurance for power wheelchairs.

Thanks!

Permobil F3

I’m not quite sure where you got the 71K from. I have owned two Permobil F3 Corpus powerchairs. Even if you do a web search you will see they cost from 5K to over 9K. I received mine from the VA and I bet they get it for substantially less.
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richjh101 View Post
      I’m not quite sure where you got the 71K from. I have owned two Permobil F3 Corpus powerchairs. Even if you do a web search you will see they cost from 5K to over 9K. I received mine from the VA and I bet they get it for substantially less.
      Rich
      I am wondering if there are various models of Permobil F3 chairs. My husband's tilts forward like a lift chair and tilts all the way back to a reclinining position. In addition, we opted for it to move up and down. Still, the $71K price on the invoice (of which Medicare paid a fraction), seems excessive. Our ramp van didn't even cost that!!

Comment

Maybe the price was misquoted and should be instead $17 K… But this is a good question! I would like to hear if anyone else has insured their chair somehow and through some company

Comment

Working...
        X