Exercise Check-In for 07/19/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 07/19/18

I'm posting this a couple of days early, because I'll be out of town for a few days W-F.

6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 didn't make exercise goals, but came close to steps goals.
    1 didn't make goals, but did housework. Might take a break from this group. I hope not -- maybe just a break from measurable goals?
    Other:
    1 didn't track goals while on vacation; will report this week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made Goal

Hi everyone

It sure wasn't easy, but I made goal.

Up on feet and active 4X a day (every day) @ 30 min each + walked 5X during the week @ 30 min each + did stretches every day.

Walking was difficult and took more effort than usual this past week, every time. It's a darn good thing that I don't count the number of steps (it would be pathetic).

Did the best I could, though. All that any of us can do is give it the best effort possible, and try to be ok and at peace with that.

Wishing good energy and the best to everyone.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It was so hot this week (upper 80's and 90) and we don't have an AC. It doesn't usually get this hot, therefore no need.

It made reaching my goal hard as I couldn't be out in the garden as much, but I made it.

Picked blueberries and harvested 90 heads of garlic which I braided. Still lots of weeding done too. Grocery shopping, which I count as exercise anymore. House is slowing getting cleaned as son, dil, and 2 yr old granddaughter are coming in from Buenos Aires for a visit.

All that any of us can do is give it the best effort possible, and try to be ok and at peace with that.
      KoKo, this is so true and I admire your consistency even tho it's not easy!

Everyone have a great week ahead and stay cool!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goal!

Hi everyone,

I got unexpected company which helped with steps, dusting and preparing some meals. I feel that was alot of exercise and I'm whipped for two days after and it takes me time to clean up after. I do it at my own pace. They could see at times I was pushing it but I did get help with garbage and dishes. I'm so proud that everyone tries so hard. I still need this for motivation.

Seasha, MS doesn't cover rollators so next month when I have the $$$$$$ I will get one. I've been putting off telling you all about my check up. I did refuse two tests. They they think I may have another low motor disease. I just balled in the office and told her I don't want to know even if I do. The only thing I own is my body and the regression I'll have to deal with the best I can. I will still do the brain MRI and lower lumber and that's it. Blood tests I'll do as my vitamin D was 28 and she wants it over 50.

Thurs-6064
        Fri-6289
        Sat-4625
        Sun-5038
        Mon-3011
        Tues-6181
        Weds-4666

Total=38,874
        Average=4839

Have a wonderful safe weekend to all of you.

My best,
        Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hi all. I see that we are all fighting the battle against weather this week. It has been horid here - high humidity and dew points, and high temps. Simply miserable.

My fitness band has decided to no longer sync with my computer, so I don't have the number of steps that I took each day. I noticed that it was acting weird early in the week so I started looking at the reading on my wrist unit every afternoon to ensure that I made my 5000 steps each day, which I did (except for 1 day). So I made the step goal.

For the average steps/day goal I have to assume on that. I think that I made that also because I walked over 6000 steps on, so even though my low step day was like '38??' I believe that it averaged out to somewhere close to 5000 steps/day.

I never realized how much I relied on it until it is not there for me - I took it off this morning and will attempt to reset it later today. If nothing else my husband has offered me his to use - all he does with his is to occasionally look at his steps. On the other hand I use mine as my watch, my calendar and on the computer to monitor my sleep patterns and of course to monitor my weekly steps. If neither of those options work I will simply replace it!

Susie - Awesome week ! While I certainly understand not wanting to hear about anything else being wrong please allow us to be concerned about you. Are you taking a vitamin D3 supplement? I take 5000 IU once a day (it's OTC). What type of rollator are you looking at? My husband got one that has a seat / basket on it. He likes it because if he gets tired of walking then he sits, and the basket allows him to carry his diabetic kit with him without actually carrying it. Hope you can keep up the momentum this week !

Seasha - Awesome week ! My granddaughter cleaned off my blueberries last week . They were good, and since she eats them I didn't mind her getting them. Now I have no excuse for not pruning them ... I will vouch for shopping being exercise - I had a day of that also. Keep up the great job .

KoKo - Awesome job ! On my lazy day (when I did next to nothing) I felt so guilty. I couldn't help but to think about you - knowing that you would be pushing to make your goal. OH - BTW, the Magnesium lotion works well. I recommend it. It has been very helpful to me reaching my step goal this week . Keep on leading the way for us .

Wishing everyone the strength to push through and accomplish all that we set out to do . Have a great week.

Comment

magijo

Hi there!

To answer your question I take 800 IU of vitamin D and now they're cranking it up to 1200. I looked at rollators and the one I looked at has a seat that lifts up so I can put my purse and goodies in it but had no basket. I'm also looking on line. The nice thing about the one in town is they assemble it and measure to your height correctly. You see too many people using walkers without good posture. I find myself getting a bit round shouldered. So that's it in a nutshell.

Thank you for your kind words always. Really appreciate it and you certainly know how to pound the pavement with all you do.

Have a wonderful weekend. Til next week!

Susie Q ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              OH - BTW, the Magnesium lotion works well. I recommend it. It has been very helpful to me reaching my step goal this week.
              msgijo thanks for letting me know about your Magnesium lotion.

I've been researching a little, and have decided on the cream. I don't trust myself with the lotion or the oil - might be kinda runny for me to handle (my dexterity not all that great).

So far I'm leaning toward the Calm brand cream (I have used the Calm powdered Magnesium and it was so potent that it made me drowsy - and then gave it to my older sister, who loves it). Anyways, I guess that I can trust that the Calm brand has legit ingredients.

I'm ordering my vitamins/minerals this weekend, so I'll be ordering the Magnesium at that time.

Definitely worth a try!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made a partial goal

Thurs - 2594 steps; Silver Sneakers
                Fri - 1248 steps; Youtube chair exercises
                Sat - 1391 steps
                Sun - 1165 steps
                Mon - 1097 steps
                Tues - 1307 steps; YouTube chair exercises
                Wed - 2293 steps; walking at conference

Total = not enough

I exercised 4x, but I didn't get enough steps. I attended a conference W-F, and I'm counting my days at a conference as exercise (2 of those days will be reported next week). The hotel building was attached to the conference building but it was a long walk. I made sure that I only had to walk it, there and back one time each day. When I was tired, I either crashed in a chair at the conference or left early at the end of the day so that I wouldn't have to walk it more often.
                My activity tracker showed that it was 400 steps. That's about the equivalent of 4 blocks. I usually can't walk more than a block or two. I managed by taking lots of sitting breaks; there were plenty of chairs along the way.

Same goal next week.
                1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
                2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Seasha -- your temps don't sound hot to me (If you have A/C), but would be awfully hot without it.
                Susie -- Sorry for the additional possible dx. MS is already too much; you don't need more.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                X