Humidity - How to beat it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity - How to beat it

We all know it's humid as soon as we wake up. The thought, it's humid today, is the first thought of the day. The a/c is on and I t's not hot or humid in the house, but we're wet noodles with no energy. And it's only 6:30.

After 10 hours sleep last night, I'm still a wet noodle. What do you do to beat the humidity? Does anything really work?

Hello,when I was active I would wear a cooling vest,now just staying indoors

Comment

I dislike humidity more than I dislike heat. But, I don't have a solution for humidity, other than stay indoors with A/C.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Trying to find an answer to HUMIDITY

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        I dislike humidity more than I dislike heat. But, I don't have a solution for humidity, other than stay indoors with A/C.

When attempting to go outdoors during hot weather and high humidity, I become another body. Not too
        long ago while on my way to the store, during temperatures of 90 degrees and 30% humidity it became apparent to me that it isn't the heat, it's the humidity that weakens the body.

I try to reduce the humidity in my home by means of AC. I still had humidity and lived in an iceberg.

Last attempt to solve my problem, a dehumidifier. It was somewhat expensive but worth every cent. During
        humid days and stay home and love it.

Comment

Yuck humidity. It is so humid today and its only 8:00 a.m. I can take the heat more than humidity. The a.c. doesn't seem to help either. I'm ready for winter.

Shoo
          Shoo

Comment

Thank you. I'm going to try this.

Originally posted by Liberty View Post
            When attempting to go outdoors during hot weather and high humidity, I become another body. Not too
            long ago while on my way to the store, during temperatures of 90 degrees and 30% humidity it became apparent to me that it isn't the heat, it's the humidity that weakens the body.

I try to reduce the humidity in my home by means of AC. I still had humidity and lived in an iceberg.

Last attempt to solve my problem, a dehumidifier. It was somewhat expensive but worth every cent. During
            humid days and stay home and love it.

Comment

Sunny and 90+% humidity here later this week. I will not be leaving the AC until Fall. 😆 I'm breaking out my knitting and might finally get things organized around here. What are you doing to beat the boredom of staying in?

Comment

Working...
              X