What Won't You Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Won't You Do

Aside from contraindicated drugs listed in the formal drug notes, and observing protocols for JCV testing, what are the everyday things people with suppressed immunity on Tysabri (or even other DMTs) do? Have you made any particular major changes in the way you travel, interact with pets, interact with people, keep your home, dine out, conduct personal hygiene rituals?

My feeling is that I will make sure to eat and supplement well, exercise as I can, get good rest, and wash my hands regularly - pretty normal things.

Sign me inquisitive and grateful as usual, GAR
    All the best, ~G

I have been on Ty since Oct 2006

I do all that you say you would do and more. I use hand sanitizer after holding menu's, condiment containers. I use sanitizing wipes on grocery store carts.

I take vits C & E (plus others) for my immune system.

When there was some flu scare and I was flying I wore a health mask.

Thank G-d I haven't had more than a few colds in all these years.

Linda
    Linda

Comment

Originally posted by lindaincolorado View Post
      I have been on Ty since Oct 2006
      ...Thank G-d I haven't had more than a few colds in all these years.
      Thank you for all the tips Linda, glad to hear it's the right track and congratulations on your great success with Tysabri! GAR
      All the best, ~G

Comment

Other than respiratory infections, I have been good on Tysabri. I added Linda's regimen of Vitamins C & E o er a month ago. Hoping it will help me.

If a family member or close friend has been sick or they are not sure, we just don't hug or kiss.

If I go to a hospital or doctor's office, I make sure to wash hands immediately when home and use sanitizer before I even get in car.

I think the best precaution is to eat a well balanced diet, stay hydrated, get rest, exercise, and flu shot. The same things that help everyone avoid getting sick are basically it.

Lots of luck.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          I think the best precaution is to eat a well balanced diet, stay hydrated, get rest, exercise, and flu shot. The same things that help everyone avoid getting sick are basically it.
          Thank you for sharing your long-proven, hard earned tips pennstater.
          All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
          X