Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/12/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 7/12/18

I hope Karen is OK. Since she has not started our thread this week, I'll start it. Minus all the wonderful effort that Karen makes each week to include personal comments.

I was on vacation for 10 days so I didn't weigh in for 2 weeks. Often, I gain weight while I'm gone. This time, I didn't. Yay!

Recent weights:
    07/12/18: 136.2 lbs
    06/21/18: 136.4 lbs
    Lost 0.2 lbs.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Mamabug, thank you so much. I was whisked away by my oldest son to New York. I did not have time to do anything. That was last week. I tried to post from his computer but failed miserably. I just returned home last night. I hope people will persist in getting here. I will not go through my usual blog for the week at this point. I just hope people will report results as usual and this coming week I will be back to normal. Four of my five children have come to my house, their plan being to decide what to do with me. They fear for my safety and welfare living alone with no relatives close by. My dilemma is that they are spread across the country with one living in the south. I cannot decide where to move. If only I could just "beam me up Scotty." But that won't be in my lifetime.

All I did was to eat while at my son's house. I haven't gotten on the scale yet and dread what I know it will say. All in all I am a total mess.

I do hope you all are doing better than I. I will plan on being back to my usual in the coming week. With highest regards, Karen

Comment

Oh; I'm glad to hear from you, Karen. Glad you're OK.

I hope that you can make some decisions for your future and I'm glad that it sounds like your children are supportive.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Back to 119 now. I checked in 2 weeks ago at 120.

Karen, you seem to be at a major fork in the road. Whatever your choice turns out to be, I hope the transition will be smooth!
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I'm glad everyone is okay and hope you had a good trip to NY Karen! That's a tough spot to be in with your kids and I can see both sides of it. My hubby and I have been trying to get his parents to move into a smaller and more affordable house. It would help both with their finances and their health since the size, stairs and upkeep of the house is overwhelming to them. But they aren't able to make the transition and it's easier/less daunting to just stick with the familiar.

I've also talked to my mom and dad about moving out to live near me, but our taxes and cost of living won't allow it, which makes me sad when my dad talks about how poorly my mom is doing and I feel so helpless.

It's wonderful that your kids care so much and that they are having the conversations with you. If you're willing to move, I would encourage you to ask each of the kids to do some research regarding the area that they live and present it to you. Some things to look into would be:

*Do they have a good MS/medical facilities nearby that are taking new patients?

*What is the cost of living in the area, is it reasonable for you?

*What is the area like? Would it be restrictive to your mobility (i.e. no sidewalks, requires car to get to stores) or would it be easy for you to get around? (transit centers, sidewalks, stores nearby?) How independent could you be?

*What is the general climate like? Would you be restricted to the indoors most of the year?

*What types of senior centers/support groups/activities do they have nearby? YMCA? Churches? Or whatever type of hobbies/interests you have. Where would it be easiest to meet new people and gain support/make friends?

*In the long run, which kid do you feel would be best equipped to assist you? Emotionally? Physically? Where would there be the most resources that would be helpful to assist them to do so?

Sorry if this was more than you wanted! I tend to get carried away sometimes!

Back to the thread, I think I'm up .4 lbs from 219.9 to 221.3 this week. I can't even remember what's transpired since I last checked in! I think there was a trip to Lancaster (which involved a lot of food!), another horse show (not as much food, but less sleep!), my youngest daughter's birthday, and this week I'm going to Philadelphia to participate in a patient advisory board which I'm excited about.

And today, my oldest turns 10, which I just cannot fathom. My beautiful, witty, caring daughter! It's a blessing to see her blossom as she takes on more responsibilities and becomes more independent, but it's hard on my heart to see her growing up so fast!

Be well friends!

Comment

Working...
          X