TYSABRI AND BACK PAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYSABRI AND BACK PAIN

I've had 3 infusions back in Sept of 2017 and my neuro discontinued in Dec. because of severe lower back pain. Also, I didn't know Tysabri was the cause of my tinnitus which I have.

It's been 8 months since my last infusion and my ears are still ringing. Will this go away or get better?

Anyone else experience back pain? Mine got so bad I could hardly walk.

I now have a new Neuro and she wants me to give it another try because she's never heard of anyone having back pain on Tysabri. I do have issues with my lower back. I had a MRI of my lower back but I've yet to talk with my neuro of what the issue is. (Arthritis or disk i'm not sure yet)

Just wondering if anyone else stopped treatment cause of back pain.

Currently I'm waiting on blood work yet again for the start of Tysabri. I felt so good after only 3 treatments that I willing to give it another try. (tho I'm really apprehensive about the back pain)

She has also ordered the blood work necessary to start Ocervus should my back pain return.

Please reply with your experience with Tysabri and back pain and also Tinnitus.

sorry so long winded .. Thanks

Hello,

Sorry about the problems you described. I hope they resolve for you soon. I do not doubt your word at all but also thought I should add that since 2002 I have spoken with dozens of pwMS on Tysabri and don't recall either of those two problems being mentioned but that doesn't mean there were none, obviously.

I did read about one case of a man on Tysabri experiencing back pain and liver problems after 5 infusions. He stopped Tysabri and liver function recovered over 6 months. He re-started Tysabri and the same problem developed again. The authors of that article estimated the frequency of idiosyncratic clinically apparent liver injury from natalizumab to be 17 per 100,000 exposed patients.

It may be a good idea to have your liver enzymes checked for abnormalities.

https://livertox.nih.gov/Natalizumab.htm

PwMS can experience tinnitus because of MS, with or w/o a DMT.

With reservations I pass along some info I came across without knowing how scientifically rigorous it is. I have my doubts. In any case, I'll quote one site...

Tysabri and Tinnitus - from FDA reports created by eHealthMe

"167,501 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri.
    Among them, 239 people (0.14%) have Tinnitus"

"This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Tysabri. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 167,501 people who have side effects when taking Tysabri from FDA, and is updated regularly."

Perhaps, others will comment.

Best Wishes!

Comment

Working...
    X