CIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CIS

In January I started having numbness in my abdomen and I thought it might be shingles since my mom was questioning if she had shingles a month prior to that. I haven't ever had any symptoms of MS prior to this. After waiting a few weeks and my leg was starting to feel heavy but numb, I went to my doctor and she suggested I get an MRI.

After waiting and wondering if it would go away, I finally scheduled it. They found 1 lesion at T7. I then had a scan of my cervical spine and my brain that were clear. I also opted for a LP which showed 6 olicogonial bands. I did 5 days of IV steroids, which kind of helped. My leg still feels heavy sometimes. My neurologist said I have CIS, but doesn't want me to start any medication. She also said I will have CDMS in 3-5 years. I read where there is only a 20% of this developing into MS since my brain showed no lesions, but I was positive for bands, so does that mean I will definitely get MS? Is there any way of knowing what type of MS this will be?

I had a follow up MRI on my spine that showed the lesion has gotten better and no new lesions. I go for a repeat brain MRI on Tuesday. I appreciate any & all thoughts/prayers! Thank you to anyone that
    responds.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Not even CIS

Originally posted by Linsers1 View Post
    In January I started having numbness in my abdomen and I thought it might be shingles since my mom was questioning if she had shingles a month prior to that. I haven't ever had any symptoms of MS prior to this. After waiting a few weeks and my leg was starting to feel heavy but numb, I went to my doctor and she suggested I get an MRI.

After waiting and wondering if it would go away, I finally scheduled it. They found 1 lesion at T7. I then had a scan of my cervical spine and my brain that were clear. I also opted for a LP which showed 6 olicogonial bands. I did 5 days of IV steroids, which kind of helped. My leg still feels heavy sometimes. My neurologist said I have CIS, but doesn't want me to start any medication. She also said I will have CDMS in 3-5 years. I read where there is only a 20% of this developing into MS since my brain showed no lesions, but I was positive for bands, so does that mean I will definitely get MS? Is there any way of knowing what type of MS this will be?

I had a follow up MRI on my spine that showed the lesion has gotten better and no new lesions. I go for a repeat brain MRI on Tuesday. I appreciate any & all thoughts/prayers! Thank you to anyone that
    responds.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    Hi Linsers, from what I have read, when o-bands are present you are more than likely to develop ms because 95% of ppl with ms has them. I have 1 lesion on my brain, none on the spin, and 9-o-bands. My neruo has not even mentioned CIS to me. I figured since I’ve had one attack and 1 lesion than that is considered CIS, so I’m totally confused. Sorry you’re going through this, it’s hard being in limbo land. You want answers, but the thought of a life long unpredictable disease is a scary thought!

Comment

Working...
    X