Waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting

I am 44yo and have honestly had symtoms for about 20 yrs off and on. 20 yrs ago I had a neuro eval and complete work up including spinal tap, EEG,MRI, blood work. Everything was either normal or inconclusive and I was told that I could still have MS so would watch symptoms and continue follow ups. Main symptoms then were pin and needle feeling in my face and arms, IBS and my headaches. The neuro moved away and I did not follow up with another.

I have intermittently had symptoms for years. Some I did not even relate to possibly being MS until I began researching. Over the past year symptoms have become more prominent and bothersome. I have frequent pin and needles feeling in arms and legs and face, muscle spasms, loss of balance/clumsiness, dizziness, heat intolerance, burning in legs, my extremities occasionally feel heavy, I have urinary incontinence/urgency, difficulty concentrating /memory issues, headaches. Dx with IBS 20 years ago. I noticed a feeling of having something binding around my upper abdomen/lower chest and started researching and realized that was a sx of MS as were many other things I had been experiencing.

I have an appointment with a new neurologist in a couple weeks. I have yet to have a MRI or anything else done recently. Just looking for some input as to whether this sounds like MS or something else and if anyone has similar experiences.

Hi Dee09 and welcome to MSWorld.

It's important to know and understand that there is no symptom that is exclusive to MS, many conditions cause symptoms similar to those seen in MS.

There is a diagnostic criteria for MS (The Revised McDonald Criteria). The criteria requires all other possible causes for a person's symptoms be ruled out and positive test results that indicate MS.

Best wishes on your upcoming Neurology appointment.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X