How quick can you get your 2nd dose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How quick can you get your 2nd dose?

I know the prescribing info for Ocrevus states that it can be given every 5 months. I'm trying to time my first FULL infusion (have had both half doses) with my Labor Day holiday, so as not to miss anymore work time than I have to. However, that only puts me at 5 months since first infusion date.

Has anyone taken an Ocrevus dose in less than 6 months from another?
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Thirty Years no Ocrevusagno

I was diagnosed in 1986. I was put on Avonex when it 1st came out and stayed on it for over ten years. I have been on Rebif(I couldn’t handle the higher dose) The oral medication (which was nice with no injection, but had no effect on me). Then back on Avonex(with no effect). Then I switched back to Copaxone.

After thirty years of mostly good health with several exacerbations, my walking became worse and I always used a cane or my rollinator. My balance was bad and I felt that I was out of options.

I almost started Lemtrada but backed out the day before (maybe I most have known that there was something else coming soon).

Ocrevus became available and I was determined to start that drug. I received my prescription (on the p.a.’s recommendation and not my doctor’s). The staff made it happen and I just received the 2nd half of my 1st infusion.

There were no side effects with the 1st. But I had 2 days of extreme fatigue. This second infusion I have no bad side effects. My balance is better, my legs are stronger and my right hand is stronger.

I don’t know what the future might hold but right now I am very pleased with this drug.
    Teresa

Comment

Working...
    X