Dilating the Urethra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilating the Urethra

I just read about a procedure to dilate the urethra that the Dr can do. I also read that many MS'ers can have Urethra spasms and that it is not uncommon in women with MS.

Has anyone had a dilation of their urethra? If so please tell us about what lead to it and if it helped.

I have many bladder issues including urgency, inability to "hold it" til I get to the commode, problems emptying bladder (I don't have a "steady stream" of urine--it takes me a while to urinate) then I don't even completely empty my bladder. I am on Oxybutanine but only at night.

ANY FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Hello Fishytrout, I have a history of UTI's and years ago I had my urethra dilated because I was having bladder spasms. Getting my urethra dilated only helped the spasms. Fast forward to now, I have the same bladder issues and you.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
      Hello Fishytrout, I have a history of UTI's and years ago I had my urethra dilated because I was having bladder spasms. Getting my urethra dilated only helped the spasms. Fast forward to now, I have the same bladder issues and you.
      REG53
      Thank you for your response. What you just explained makes perfect sense. I suspected the dilitation couldn't help with bladder spasms. It just doesn't make physiological sense . Thank you for your reply. Please know I appreciate it.
      I guess I will just keep taking my Oxybutanin and hope for the best. I hope your bladder spasms get under enough control that you aren't suffering too much
      Peace to all,
      LM
      RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Working...
      X