well they do have a name for it MS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well they do have a name for it MS !

Hello , My name is Bill 51 , I nave been recently diagnosed with MS ! Apparently as many do , I have lived with MS along time undiagnosed ! Not until this latest flair sent me seeking medical attention on what the heck was going on. my condition seemed to be worsening instead of getting better [ face and head numbness increasing , double/kalideoscoping / blurred vision , loss of balance , major fatigue , food taste horrible ,loss of feeling in my thumb ears ringing over two years now thumping sound in my right ear , warm feeling on my left side head neck upper shoulder down arm and many more symptoms . MRI's revealed 3 scarred lesions 1 active lesion which is near the brain stem . Lumbar puncture shows signs of the disease ! 4 days in the hosp. 3 day steroid treatment and now first week of trifecta or what ever its called
    I found this forum and have been reading up on this MS thing ! I realize that their are many among us who battle with MS ! I realize its a roulette wheel on what the future holds for any of us ! I feel very fortunate to have been able to fight back these attacks , well at least for the most part , some minor functions have been lost over the years ! Reflecting back I have been suffering in silence not knowing what was going on ! Anyways it is what it is and I wont stop fighting back !
    I am very happy I have a wonderful wife who is helping me thru all this She is my angel ! My adult children are very supportive along with 6 yr old grandson ! No matter what the future holds I feel very blessed
    This forum has helped me to understand what MS is doing to us ! I now realize what I deal with is not uncommon with MS! I have found some great advice and opinions and look forward to learning and sharing of our experiences .

Originally posted by billy66 View Post
    Hello , My name is Bill 51 , I nave been recently diagnosed with MS ! Apparently as many do , I have lived with MS along time undiagnosed ! Not until this latest flair sent me seeking medical attention on what the heck was going on. my condition seemed to be worsening instead of getting better [ face and head numbness increasing , double/kalideoscoping / blurred vision , loss of balance , major fatigue , food taste horrible ,loss of feeling in my thumb ears ringing over two years now thumping sound in my right ear , warm feeling on my left side head neck upper shoulder down arm and many more symptoms . MRI's revealed 3 scarred lesions 1 active lesion which is near the brain stem . Lumbar puncture shows signs of the disease ! 4 days in the hosp. 3 day steroid treatment and now first week of trifecta or what ever its called
    I found this forum and have been reading up on this MS thing ! I realize that their are many among us who battle with MS ! I realize its a roulette wheel on what the future holds for any of us ! I feel very fortunate to have been able to fight back these attacks , well at least for the most part , some minor functions have been lost over the years ! Reflecting back I have been suffering in silence not knowing what was going on ! Anyways it is what it is and I wont stop fighting back !
    I am very happy I have a wonderful wife who is helping me thru all this She is my angel ! My adult children are very supportive along with 6 yr old grandson ! No matter what the future holds I feel very blessed
    This forum has helped me to understand what MS is doing to us ! I now realize what I deal with is not uncommon with MS! I have found some great advice and opinions and look forward to learning and sharing of our experiences .
    Hi Bill and Welcome

Thank you for sharing your experience!

So glad to learn that you find this forum helpful to you.

It looks like you have a good attitude. But if you should ever need to vent any frustrations, we're here to listen and offer understanding.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Looking forward to more of your posts!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Bill,

Glad you are of the right frame of mind. Often getting over the shock of a having a condition like this proves insurmountable for some.

I probably was 12 or more years with MS before I decided to find out what was going on. And amazing as it may seem not one of my sx match your list, except for minor numbness. Hell of a disease! Another poster, Tawanda I think, called it a thief. Truest words spoken IMHO.

Keep up the attitude and gratitude for your family! And welcome to a bunch of caring people... another family!

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Hi Bill,

Glad you are of the right frame of mind. Often getting over the shock of a having a condition like this proves insurmountable for some.

I probably was 12 or more years with MS before I decided to find out what was going on. And amazing as it may seem not one of my sx match your list, except for minor numbness. Hell of a disease! Another poster, Tawanda I think, called it a thief. Truest words spoken IMHO.

Keep up the attitude and gratitude for your family! And welcome to a bunch of caring people... another family!

Jer
        i hear you on the sx match ! My previous flair ups , 'I prefer to call them attacks ', have all had different sx's ! Its when the Nero DR asked me a couple questions , one question being if I had double vision ? Not side to side but top to bottom ! Bingo ! I told her not this time but in the past I have had it ! She immediately knew what to test for and all the info they needed to confirm MS was in the test results !

Comment

Working...
        X