Toilet seat cushion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet seat cushion?

Does anyone have any recommendations for A toilet seat cushion or a specific raised toilet seat that has some sort of padding that would help with healing a pressure sore?

Are use a raised toilet seat currently, but the back of my legs get irritated easily as I'm unable to stand or walk.

Originally posted by bluegiraffe View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for A toilet seat cushion or a specific raised toilet seat that has some sort of padding that would help with healing a pressure sore?

Are use a raised toilet seat currently, but the back of my legs get irritated easily as I'm unable to stand or walk.
    Hi bluegiraffe

Are you using the plastic "riser" type seat raiser that you place on top of your toilet seat opening?

I tried a few of those types (after I couldn't get up and off of my very low toilet anymore) but couldn't sit comfortably or safely at all.

I now use a bedside commode, which sits over my existing toilet, with the bucket removed. The legs are height adjustable, it has armrests, and a splash guard (there is a space between the bedside commode seat and existing toilet opening, when the commode is raised to desired height).

It only cost a little over $30. Mine doesn't have a padded seat, but there are some that do, which cost more.

I am still able to stand up on my own, to get on and off the commode, so I realize that I am very fortunate at this time.

In any case, hope you find something that works for you. I am prone to pressure sores also, and they are no fun. The sensitive area on my tailbone doesn't come in contact with the seat, thankfully.

Good luck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Look for those risers composed of foam or gel. While the foam one offers medium comfort, raised toilet seats made of gel maximize relief of the high pressure pain areas.

Comment

Working...
      X