Exercise Check-In for 06/28/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 06/28/18

Mamabug is on vacation, so I'm filling in for her this week.

Seven checked in this week and all tried their best!

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made stated goals and one of these exceeded their goal!
    Three made a partial goal. REG, packing for vacation is exercise, so I counted you!

GOALS MISSED:
    none

OTHER:
    I made a new goal after my exercise-free vacation.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Had a much better week (less struggle, thanks to better weather) and made goal ~ up and about doing activities 4X a day @ 30 min each ~ including 5 walks during the week (with rollator) @ 30 min each ~ and stretches.

Another oppressive weather week is forecast, starting tomorrow. Will do my best to deal with it.

Wishing everyone a good week with energy, stamina, and the fortitude to endure, and strategies to keep cool.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Goal!

Hi there!

Way to go Seasha and Ko Ko! I just did walking this week and no stretches. I've had alot going on.

I'm going to be quick because I have to begin cleaning for company and I do it in stages.

Total steps=22,736 Average=3248

My goal is 3000 steps along with stretches and exercise.

My wish for all of you is to have a good weekend!!!!!

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Good job, KoKo and Susie

I set a goal for 3x/wk and exceeded that. Cleaning house before kids arrive, weeding in garden and then playing with both granddaughters - we roughhouse together. I lay down among huge stuffed animals and they jump on me. Seriously fun Both kids are pretty small, btw. They both love riding on my walker, so I have been doing much more walking this week!

Goal next week is 5x/wk.

Hope you all have successes this week!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made goal .

Thu 5102 (dh's errands and 1 hr volunteer work)
          Fri 6668 (Volunteer work)
          Sat 8711 (Big volunteer day)
          Sun 7266 (dh put me on restriction - no work )
          Mon 5814 (doctor appointment)
          Tue 7071 (shopping and repaired panel on greenhouse)
          Wed 6872

I walked over 5000 steps on all 7 days and averaged 6786 steps/day. I will keep same goal for next week, but I feel like slowing down ...
          The weather has been terrible here - storms every evening (hence the greenhouse panel which was blown off) with temperatures, humidity and dew points high. This pattern is forecast to continue for the next week . What can you say - it is just summer in the south.
          While I am blaming the weather for a lot of my 'not doing' and my dh for part of it also, the truth of the matter is that I think I overdid my volunteer work this month. In the past I have spread it out during the month and only had 1 big day and another kinda big day, but his time I did it all within a weeks time. Too much.

Seasha - Great week ! Grands are the greatest. They are an inspiration to exercise even if we don't think that we want to. BTW - Thanks for filling in this week!

Susie - Great week ! The stretches were (unfortunately) a vital part of my past week, but it is wonderful that you were able to reach your goals without them. Have fun this week with company.

KoKo - Great week ! I am glad that the weather cooperated with you this past week. Just some encouragement for next week - if it is too easy then you aren't working hard enough . I know that you will give it your best this week.

Congratulations to all who did their best and a special round of applause for all who made their goals .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
            if it is too easy then you aren't working hard enough .
            msgijo

Sometimes, I stop and reflect on how everything I do takes a great deal of effort. I'm sure that's the case for most of us.

I often try to recall what it was like to move about and do things effortlessly, without putting a whole lot of energy into every single movement and action.

It's getting more and more difficult to even remember that "easy" feeling. We just adapt, and then adapt some more, and then that becomes our new normal.

What a real treat it is when something we do goes a little smoother than usual.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              msgijo

Sometimes, I stop and reflect on how everything I do takes a great deal of effort. I'm sure that's the case for most of us.

I often try to recall what it was like to move about and do things effortlessly, without putting a whole lot of energy into every single movement and action.

It's getting more and more difficult to even remember that "easy" feeling. We just adapt, and then adapt some more, and then that becomes our new normal.

What a real treat it is when something we do goes a little smoother than usual.
              Yep - totally agree. I really don't remember what 'normal' feels like anymore. I can remember doing things without having to think about them, but not the actual feeling of how it felt to do so .

I remember during my limbo time I stayed so very tired - all the time. My theory to that was that it was because I had to expend so much more energy to do things. I quickly had to learn about adaptations to the way that I performed everything. And am still having to change up on a too regular basis.

Just a reminder - you are still my hero. I still blush when I remember that I originally read your goals as being done 3 times a week instead of 3 times each day! That makes a huge difference in showing the commitment that you have to continue to be able to move!

Have another great week .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                Just a reminder - you are still my hero. I still blush when I remember that I originally read your goals as being done 3 times a week instead of 3 times each day! That makes a huge difference in showing the commitment that you have to continue to be able to move!

Have another great week .
                Thank you msgijo! I always admire your efforts also.

Comment

Did not make my goal

I only exercised one day. I'll try to do better next week. Congratulations to all who succeeded. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X