Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/28/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/28/18

Hi Everyone. Is summer really here? We have had a plethora of rain and relatively cool temperatures. I am tired of the rain but feel cooler temperatures are a blessing knowing what heat does to my symptoms. I should just count my blessings. I hope you all are having favorable weather to get out and enjoy life. I send kudos to all who can plant a garden and have all of those delicious fresh veggies. My next door neighbor plants tomatoes in my yard for which I an ecstatic. He also sometimes has planted peppers which are an added blessing. And they are organic.

I forgot to weigh this morning so will weigh tomorrow morning.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week, I wish you the best.

Mamabug, good for you for a loss again this week. It may be small but is significant. Keep up the work.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I do hope all is well..

Msgijo, sorry to hear about your gain but it is not surprising considering how busy you have been. I have every confidence you will turn it around. I am sure you had a delightful time with your granddaughter. Your food plans are outstanding. Have a great week.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Variety of Food Offered

The Mayo Food Clinic Diet is based on the Mayo Clinic Pyramid. The foundation of the pyramid is fruit and vegetables, which dieters are allowed unlimited amounts of. The minimum recommended amounts are 3 portions of fruit and 4 portions of vegetables every day. This is without fattening preparation techniques like sauces or oils, and there are some fruits which are considered too sugary for regular intake.

The pyramid recommends between 4-8 servings per day of healthy carbs such as whole grains or brown rice. On the diet, you will steer clear of white flour and refined sugars, which are found in many processed snacks and white bread.

Protein and dairy are recommended in servings of between 3-7 per day. Lean meats, nuts, beans, soy and cheeses are all big parts of the menu. Healthy fats are also important, from avocado and fatty fish, to olive oil and nuts.

Sweets and other treats are limited to 75 calories per day, allowing you to fill your sweet tooth craving without giving into bad habits.

The Mayo Clinic Diet’s website has sample menus to look through before signing up, featuring hundreds of meals options that stick to the pyramid and it’s proven track record.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.2 pound by one member. Congratulations for being in the plus column and saving us from a no win week. Every little bit counts.

Total Gain:

1.5 pounds by two members. Admitting the truth sets the stage for changing results for the next week. May we all be in the Loss column next week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses. I believe this is the most Stayed the Same at one time.

4108.6 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

How is it that I haven't checked in here in 3 weeks??? I know one of the weeks I was at a horse show, but good grief!

I am up .2 lbs from 219.7 to 219.9.

The horse show was FANTASTIC and I couldn't have been more pleased with my camera! Unfortunately the show was not very well attended and so although I was happy that the days were shorter (done by 3!), it's not good for business and by Saturday morning, it was very apparent there was not much work for the day. Morning classes that started at 8 were all done by 8:30 and the next set of classes were set to start at 11:00 and go until 12:15 and that was it. For the day! Bad for business--if there aren't horses and people to photograph, there aren't people to sell pictures to!

But I noticed that there was more activing going on next to us and long story short, with permission from my boss, I got us booked for a second show for a pony club that was showing that weekend as well. They started their show at 12:30 Sat and went 8-2 on Sunday. It was perfect and it was fun and I got paid for all day Saturday and Sunday because of it!

My girls and hubby have both finished the school year! No more making lunches for anyone but me!! That'll take a huge load off and hopefully help me get more sleep--I have definitely been lacking in this area lately.

We're heading out to Amish country for a few days this weekend. I MUST try to show some restraint because it seems like most of the activities will be involving FOOD! It's also going to be hot outside, so going on walks to burn some calories may be out of the question. Thankfully hubby doesn't think the idea of the smorgasbord sounds appealing anymore. The idea of all you can eat and then some and then feeling sick and horrible all day is just not my idea of a good time!

I have my next horse show next weekend, but should still be around on Thursday to check-in...so I hope to do so.

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far. July is just around the corner!

Comment

I weigh 118 so only lost .5 pound. I must get a grip. I'll try my best to lose another half pound this week.

Comment

YAY - After 3 weeks of gains I have finally lost a whole 0.8 pounds .

6/22 127.0
        6/29 126.2

Sorry for the late check-in but I simply forgot to weigh yesterday morning, so I made sure to do so today. Unfortunately my plans with my granddaughter kinda fell through. By the time I had finished with volunteer work Sat morning it was pretty clear that I had overdone things, and my husband called to cancel that event. He also insisted that I not cook that day (so we had takeout) and tried to mandate that I take a week off from all activities . He kinda forgot that I am the one who does everything around here so that one fell on deaf ears .

ShrinkKaren - good to hear that you finally managed to boot out one of those pesky 5 pound weights. Hoping that the other unwanted weight takes a clue and leaves more easily.

hsmaldo - times does seem to fly when you are having fun (horse shows) or are very busy (horse shows and family). A small gain and I am certain that with all the activities you do it will go away easily. Have fun in Amish country - I love their woodwork. And their food, but concentrate on the non-edible things.

The tip this week looks great, but it looks like I would gain weight eating that much!
        NOTE TO SELF - watch out for food consumption on the 4th!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Comment

Sometimes the scales has been saying 119 but today it said 120. I don't seem to change much but those clothes I can no longer wear comfortably are hanging in my closet gathering dust. I hope to think more about them and how nice it would be to wear them.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
            Sometimes the scales has been saying 119 but today it said 120. I don't seem to change much but those clothes I can no longer wear comfortably are hanging in my closet gathering dust. I hope to think more about them and how nice it would be to wear them.
            Hi Agate. Great to see you!

Just a suggestion here - maybe if you moved your favorite non-fitting outfit out of the closet and hung it where you saw it often that MAY help remind you why you want to lose a little weight.

For me, too often I tend to push things that I am not wearing to the back of the closet and so don't see them. Oh there is a vague irritation that I don't have as much room as I would like, but I never seem to follow thru and pull out what I am not wearing to be reminded of them. I do have a hook on the outside of the closet door which would be a great place to hang the "reminder clothes".

Good luck locking that scale on 119 pounds so that you can then get it to lock in on 118 pounds ...

Comment

Good idea! Those items do get lost in the closet. They're hidden in between other clothes I wear more often, and I have a way of not looking at them.

I love lighted closets but mine aren't lighted. It would be easier to catch sight of those clothes I never get to wear if they were better lit. Bringing them out into the open should help.
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
              X