Early Days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Days!

I was diagnosed with MS in July of 1991. Now that I know the symptoms of MS I can date it back to at least 1971 when I was 13. In ’71 I first noticed that heat bothered me. Heat of any kind can be a problem and a symptom for MS. Personally, I don’t like hot and humid weather, saunas and hot tubs are a no no for me. I don’t like hot showers and I try to dress lightweight and cool.

In 1971 I would practice baseball in my backyard. Once outside I would throw a tennis ball against a wooden board. The board was angled so the tennis ball would bounce back to me in the air. To practice ground balls I would throw the tennis ball against the bottom 1/3 of our house which was cement block. I would throw the ball lower and it would come back to me like a ground ball to an infielder in baseball.

On hot summer days I might spend 1/2 hour to an hour in the backyard playing ball. I ultimately would come in because it was too hot! That was 47 years ago and I still remember that it would feel like a sauna in my backyard! We didn’t have central air or an air conditioner so I would head to our basement which was very cool. Early sign of MS? No one knows for sure.
    This is Scooterjon I'm originally from Minnesota, USA but has lived in North Dakota, USA for the past 15 years. I'm now considered to have Primary Progressive MS. All body functions below my waist have now stopped working correctly including standing, walking, bowels, bladder and balance.

Hi and welcome!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld. So sorry that you have been dealing with MS and its symptoms for decades, since your childhood.

I hope you'll come back!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X