Veterans with SMC rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veterans with SMC rating

I am a 100% service connected veteran with a SMC, special monthly connection. For a service connected veteran the VA has many levels of service commection. I started many years ago with 10% for tinnitus then 20%, 70% PTSD and 100% for MS. I was then rated SMC R1 and finally SMC R2 which for me is the end of my journey.

I would be interested in hearing from any other veterans that are service connected.
    Rich

I'm SC 10%

Hi, Rich,

I'm Service Connected 10% for sinuses but am on appeal (over 8 years now) to add asthma to it.

I am not SC for MS. While my symptoms did start while I was on active duty, I never relayed any of them to my providers (you know how they are at sick call, even if you are an officer!) so can't support a claim. I was diagnosed about 14 years after I got off AD.

While I'm not SC for MS, I have Blue Cross Federal (I work at the VA), and the only copays I pay are pharmacy for non-SC meds. I have had much of my treatment and testing for MS done at the VA and all of that was covered by Blue Cross Fed and the VA didn't charge me co-pays. So that is nice!

I'm glad you were able to get SC for MS! That can be a huge hurdle to overcome.
    Melissa

Comment

I kinda backed into the service connection for MS. My neurologist saying “it was more likely than not” that by the VA taking me off Betaseron for 3 months while I was in the PTSD program causing me to have a major exacerbation. It was this attack that led to my major disability.

It took 9 years for my final claim and a trip to the BVA “Board of Vertrns Appeals” to be finally have my claim accepted.
      Rich

Originally posted by cptmelissa View Post
      Hi, Rich,

I'm Service Connected 10% for sinuses but am on appeal (over 8 years now) to add asthma to it.

I am not SC for MS. While my symptoms did start while I was on active duty, I never relayed any of them to my providers (you know how they are at sick call, even if you are an officer!) so can't support a claim. I was diagnosed about 14 years after I got off AD.

While I'm not SC for MS, I have Blue Cross Federal (I work at the VA), and the only copays I pay are pharmacy for non-SC meds. I have had much of my treatment and testing for MS done at the VA and all of that was covered by Blue Cross Fed and the VA didn't charge me co-pays. So that is nice!

I'm glad you were able to get SC for MS! That can be a huge hurdle to overcome.

Comment

Working...
      X